mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Clean / Repack front links bearings

Who has had the front links bearings out?
    Are they sealed or open cartridge bearings?
    I got over enough miles that I need to remove / clean / reinstall.

I found replacement bearings from RWC (realworldcycling) that I will get a second set. Marin Suspension Pivot Bearing Kits from RWC

I know Marin warranties the bearings; this would be the convenience of having a second set to work with.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I've never had to touch them yet. I've done the top bushings. They wear real quick if they aren't free to move in the shock DU bushings. I've had the links off lots but can't remember if the bearings were sealed or not?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    When I took mines out (2008 Mount Vision) they were sealed bearings. The bearings have been replaced once under warranty by Marin after 3 years.

Recently ordered a set of RWC Needle bearings to replace the DU bushing for the shock. Will report back on whether it improves the sensitivity of the rear end.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Thanks for the reply's.
    I guess I will get a front bearing set from RWC so I can have a clean set ready.

sillymonkey please let me know about the rear shock needle bearings.
    I am looking at these as well.
    I need to call RWC to find out which of their bearing press tools are needed to complete the rear shock needle bearing job.

Regards

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Just had the shocks oput of my MV and WR. Curious to see my WR, which is newer and has had less use than my MV has quite notchy top link bearings compared to My MV which are still very smooth.
    I know KAPUSTA had notchy bearings on his MV from new. Seems to be a bit of difference in bearing quality from new. The notchy bearings doesn't affect the performance of the WR so that's the way they are staying for now.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

New thread for needle bearings

I started a new thread in regards to the RWC Needle Bearings
    Installed RWC needle bearings on my Mount Vision