mtbr member

Bought a Marin Hawk Hill

And need some help on what year it is.

It's for my Fiancee so it's a 15" frame with v-brakes. It's a blue-gray color and it is in outstanding shape. I think I got a good deal on it for $160. She wants to go with my daughter and I to the trails, and I wanted to get her something cheap but reliable, and this seems to fit the bill.

The tires still have the nipples on them. The previous owner wasn't much of a cyclist....he had one of the brakes stopping against the tire...I've adjusted the vbrakes on it and it's perfect now.

The fork seems kind of crap, but it will do for now.

Can someone help me identify what year it is for my own curiosity?

Here's a pic:

Bought a Marin Hawk Hill-camerazoom-20130218200119138.jpg

mtbr member

Re: Bought a Marin Hawk Hill

No input from anyone?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    2005 according to this old site I found, all the specs seem to match up, especially the fork and drivetrain - Marin Hawk Hill - Bonthrone Bikes
    Hope that satisfies your curiosity.
    I don't crash, I just have slightly uncontrolled dismounts!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiplague View Post
    2005 according to this old site I found, all the specs seem to match up, especially the fork and drivetrain - Marin Hawk Hill - Bonthrone Bikes
    Hope that satisfies your curiosity.
    Thank you!

Curiosity satisfied!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Yes, It's a 2005. I owned one for a few years. Not a bad bike, very solid, a bit on the heavy side though. Disc brake ready as well. One thing that stands out in my mind the frame was incredibly stiff - both for good and ill. I also had a 15" - during that iteration of the hydro-ht series that was a medium but the stand-over was more like that of a large frame.

mtbr member

Re: Bought a Marin Hawk Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Desertride View Post
    Yes, It's a 2005. I owned one for a few years. Not a bad bike, very solid, a bit on the heavy side though. Disc brake ready as well. One thing that stands out in my mind the frame was incredibly stiff - both for good and ill. I also had a 15" - during that iteration of the hydro-ht series that was a medium but the stand-over was more like that of a large frame.
    My fiancee likes it a lot. The bike is a bit on the heavy side, but I feel like most of that weight is in the front fork... It has steel stanchions so I know it's not a light fork.

There's a few cheapy air forks on ebay I may pick up for her.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD