Thread: bayview trail

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

bayview trail

Hi im looking for a mountain bike that my son can use to come ride with me on some light trails. He is 140 cm (4ft7") and 40kg (88lbs) and 7 and a half yrs old. Is the bayview suitable or hidden canyon more suitable. I am also open to other recommendations. Thanks

mtbr member
    great bikes they are...

a lot better than the other gear'd 24" bikes out there.

personally, I wish the companies making kid 24" would stop making them with so many gears. it's overkill and confuses most kids because the don't understand how to use the combination of gears.

they should make them with just gears on the rear wheel, that's plenty.

me, l might skip the 24" gear'd bike for my kids. They're 9, about ready for 24" bikes but l think l'll get them another brand l sell (Redline). Thinking l'm gonna get them something like this: http://www.redlinebicycles.com/bikes...ace/2011-mx-24

we'll see... l might change my mind when they (24" 2011 Marin's) come available.

I sell a few other brands when it comes to gear'd 24" bike but Marin is by far the nicest set up. e.g. Torker is ok but it's not much better than the stuff you can get at the local discountmart.
    Pedalshop.com also on Facebook
    Marin - Transition - Santa Cruz - Cove...

mtbr member
    Both my son and my daughter ride bayview trails. I got them for them when they were 6 and 8. I've taken both of them out on sigletrack with them and they work great. The bayview trails are built to the same specs as the full sized bolinas ridge. Great bikes and I fully recommned them.