Slow Goat....

Any 2006 Marin Wolf Ridge frame deals?

Many seem to buy the frame for under $400. Anyone know where i can buy it for that price?

Thanks,
    Enjoy the lactic acid.....it's good for you

ay Diablo!
    Depending on the frame size uou need, here's a deal on ebay for a brand new med. frame.

Link:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=019

My brother bought two frames from bicycle bobs for $450 a piece shipped.

Bunk
    "You know me, I'm too lazy to carry a grudge". Sid the Sloth

Carnaval Dominicano
    http://carnaval.com.do/

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

... and if we just ... SPAM: I have one for sale with PUSHED RP3

I have a year old Marin WolfRidge frame in medium 17.5 with a PUSHED RP3 that just came back from push with All mountain optimization and the extra bottom out bumper for bigger drops. The shock only has had 2 on it since push, but it is a major improvement over the original for fast downhills and drops.

This is the best climbing bike I have ever ridden, especially over rocky technical terrain. I would still be riding it except for the hell of a deal I got on a Santa Cruz Nomad and Lyrik fork.

Whether you want my frame or not, you will really be happy with the WolfRidge. Looking for an offer. I got it from BOB'S bikes also and have receipt for 5 year warranty. Headtube was faced for Chris King headset, and also includes the Marin upgraded shock bearings from England that replace the bottom shock bushing.

Hope you get the frame you want.

Slow Goat....

Thanks i would take you up on it, but i need 15.5 frame.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbeast
    I have a year old Marin WolfRidge frame in medium 17.5 with a PUSHED RP3 that just came back from push with All mountain optimization and the extra bottom out bumper for bigger drops. The shock only has had 2 on it since push, but it is a major improvement over the original for fast downhills and drops.

This is the best climbing bike I have ever ridden, especially over rocky technical terrain. I would still be riding it except for the hell of a deal I got on a Santa Cruz Nomad and Lyrik fork.

Whether you want my frame or not, you will really be happy with the WolfRidge. Looking for an offer. I got it from BOB'S bikes also and have receipt for 5 year warranty. Headtube was faced for Chris King headset, and also includes the Marin upgraded shock bearings from England that replace the bottom shock bushing.

Hope you get the frame you want.

Marin tends to run longer and higher in all their frames. Any other mfr i would buy a 17"

THanks,

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Smile I am 5'8" and medium 17.5 fits fine.

I heard the same thing and ordered the small, but they screwed up and sent me the medium 17.5 frame which ended up fitting me great.

Slow Goat....

huuuummm...

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbeast
    I heard the same thing and ordered the small, but they screwed up and sent me the medium 17.5 frame which ended up fitting me great.
    Your response would be more valid if you weren't trying to sell me your frame.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

... and if we just ... Not For You !!!

Hey Bro, buy what you want. my frame is NOT for sale to you at any price. I don't enjoy being called a liar. I don't need the money, I was just trying to pass down a frame that I really enjoyed when I needed a frame on a budget, and I have a Nomad that I really love and it suits me fine.

In short, SCREW YOU !!! My frame ain't for sale anymore. Good luck finding a frame that is the right size, hope you get it right. Have a good day!

mtbr "member"

had both 15.5 and the 17

I've had both the 15.5 and 17. The 15.5 fit a bit tight. 17 seems to fit OK but felt a bit 'roomier' than other brands. Overall, very happy with the 17 though. I wouldnt buy another 15.5. I'm 5'9". I think for Marin sizing, the 5'8" or 5'9" sized riders unfortunately fall in the middle of their sizings. I think the 17 would probably fit a 5'8" rider OK but you should try both and see, you may have a shorter (or longer) toros which would effect your reach and need for the top tube length.

But alas, sounds like the frames not for sale anymore. I have one though....
    REEK

Slow Goat....

I am not sure if i have long legs or long torso.

I was able to ride a 15.5" and this frame feels just right. I haven't tried a 17" so i can't compare, but the cockpit felt good. I think a 17" might feel too long. Also you want the flickablity factor. Too long top tube makes the bike feel like a xc bike.

mtbr member
    I've got an '06 WR 17" frame w/ Fox RP3 I'm thinking about selling. It's in real good shape other than a few chain induced paint chips on the bottom edge of the swing arm. PM me if interested.