mtbr member
    Apr 2017

2016 Rift Zone 7 Carbon

Anyone have one of these? I just bought a brand new one for 2300 bucks. Was that a good deal on one? MSRP 4500 the wanted 2900, so I was amazed when I talked them down to 2300 for a carbon bike!!! Is that good or am I missing something? This is my first real full suspension MTB. It has killer specs I think! http://www.marinbikes.com/us/bikes/d...-zone-7-carbon

Link updated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dodgehemi0; 04-13-2017 at 11:03 AM.

mtbr member
    The link is for Mount Vision's, not Rift Zone. I don't know the difference between the two.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Thanks Man I updated it.. http://www.marinbikes.com/us/bikes/d...-zone-7-carbon

mtbr member
    That is a great price for a great bike. I didn't have time earlier because of meetings​, sorry.
    I own a 2015 Mount Vision 9 and it's a great bike. I've raced it, bashed it and rode it all year long. It did have a few warranty claims. The SRAM brakes had to be rebuilt, Fox shock needed rebuilt and the KS dropper got the updated air module. All in all, great handling and dialed. Ride it and have fun!!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I absolutely love my Rift Zone Carbon. I can leave the rear shock full open and just ride because the suspension design is so dialled. The geometry fits me perfectly, and I'm riding everything on this bike that I did on my Attack Trail (albeit not hitting stuff quite as hard).

I will be taking this bike to BC Bike Race this year, and I can NOT wait. It is one of the first bikes that i've owned where as soon as I put it away, I can't wait to get back out on it again.

You'll love this bike!2016 Rift Zone 7 Carbon-20161221_154955.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike9699 View Post
    I absolutely love my Rift Zone Carbon. I can leave the rear shock full open and just ride because the suspension design is so dialled. The geometry fits me perfectly, and I'm riding everything on this bike that I did on my Attack Trail (albeit not hitting stuff quite as hard).

I will be taking this bike to BC Bike Race this year, and I can NOT wait. It is one of the first bikes that i've owned where as soon as I put it away, I can't wait to get back out on it again.

You'll love this bike!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161221_154955.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	1133260
    Did you add anything to it like more travel on the front end?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Yeah I did. It put a 130mm Fox 34. Rides amazing! Slackens it out a little, a bit more confidence inspiring on the descents, but still climbs super well. Such a fun fun bike.

But, I have my Wolf Ridge on order, so once that comes in, this one will be up for sale.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    I'd jump on that deal in a nanosecond, if only it were a large. I'm paying 2300+ for a rift zone 6- you got a sweet deal! good luck on the sale