H4L
    mtbr member
    Aug 2013

2012 Marin XM7 - What's your thoughts?

Hi guys,

My name is Andrew and a new member to this forum. I'm from Ontario, Canada (eh!) and look forward to learn/sharing the drive to ride.

I was hoping I could get some feedback from some more experienced riders here. I am looking at purchasing the Marin Mount Vision XM7 (maybe XM8) as there is a local sale in my area on last year's model $1,800 for XM7, $2,200 XM8) which looks like a great deal.

I did research for reviews but there are practically none. On this forum there was some mention that the rear end had issues with the design of Quad 3.0 bending out of alignment which apparently was fixed in 2013. So that mention is of most concern.

Any feedback on this bike is greatly appreciated and thanks for reading!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Hi Andrew,

Welcome to MTBR! buddy of mine does have the XM7 for 2 months now and he loves it. We tested other 26" from giant trance, scott genius and specialized. For the $ it comes pretty well equipped specially at the price your are getting for either the XM7 or XM8. We do just local trails from Kelso, Albion, Durham, BuckWallow and Hydro Cut and all he tells me is how fun and comfortable it is for our weekend rides. Budget wise it is great! specially at the price that you can get it for. I was convinced that I will be picking up an XM8 this week. I myself am coming from a 2009 Trek Fuel EX.

As for the Quad 3 being out of alignment we have not had this issue so far. But we dont jump 5 ft drops so that might be a different story

If you are local to GTA pm me and we try to ride every week end.

cheers,
    Ryan

H4L
    mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Hey Ryan,

Thanks for the reply!

Glad to hear you friend loves the bike and you're going to grab one as well??

I couldn't find much about that rear end issues, but I did find an article today (which I can't find again for the life of me) that mentioned a "reliability issue" out back and why it was redesigned again for 2013.

Thanks for the input and ya man I'm in the GTA. Likely nowhere near the level you and your crew are at but appreciate the invite and will drop you a note. Thinking of trying Albion this long weekend.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Sorry I forgot to mention that it was the 2013 that he has which has the updated bushing/bearings...

No worries we are newbies too and stop on the trails most of the time coz we dont have the lungs LOL. You will enjoy Albion lots of fun trails!