mtbr member
    Aug 2007

2011 Fox 36 Talas vs. 2010 RS Revelation Team on 2009 Wolfridge

Hi

I want to get a new fork for my 09 Wolfridge but I can't decide which way to go. I currently have a Marzocchi Z1 150 mm at 538 mm A2C and 2550g.

I'm currently down to 2 quite different forks.

Either I go for a 2010 RS Revelation Team 150 U-turn, about 1850g and 529 mm A2C, which would give me a HA of 66.5 degrees. ~750 USD
    Does anyone know when the 2011 Revelation with carbon steerer will be released?

Or a 2011 Fox 36 Talas 160 RLC, at about 2150g and 545 mm A2C, which would give me a HA of 65.7 degrees. ~1050 USD
    This would extend the wheelbase 3 mm and pull the BB up by 2.5 mm, so it wouldn't mess up the geometry terribly from what I have now and quite like.

So it's either trail friendly Revelation or DH friendly 36 Talas. I've dropped forks like Fox 32 because I believe the RS Revelation is better.

I bike because I like the downhills but the uphills and flats become much more fun when I have a light bike. But what do you think? Will it be enough with the Revelation for downhill trails and the occasional bike park? No big drops though, nothing more then 1-1.5 m.
    Last edited by gladegp; 05-10-2010 at 03:50 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I have run the 36 talus on my last two wolf ridges and love it...I run a 32 on my mount vision and the Wolf ridge/Attack trail is my shore more freeridey bike so the 36 is so good for it...here is my wolf ridge in peru...loved it there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWYXJ9S0fAU

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I have a 2010 RS revelation team on my intense tracer-vp and love it. It's by far the best fork that I have ever ridden for aggressive trail use. It will handle the downhills and moderate drops with no problem. The RS will also cost you less than the fox.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    So do you ride a lot of trails that have enough flat and uphill sectoins to warant going that route? I would go with the Rev if it would make your every day riding more enjoyable.
    I am going to put a Rev set at 130mm on my MV when I have the cash. Probably be the end of the summer.

Good luck, let us know what you decide.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    sorry to hijack but if i got a 160mm fork for my 14omm marin would it void the warranty?