mtbr member

2011 Attack Trail Weight

Does anyone know how much the 2011 Attack Trail 6.9 weighs? I have heard that the 2010 6.9 was over 30 lbs. I would guess that the 2011 version is lighter due to component spec. I need a good trail bike to replace my worn out 2008 Cannondale Prophet. I am considering the Ibis Mojo HD, Cannodale Jekyll Carbon 2, and Marin Attack Trail 6.9. I know that the Ibis and Cannondale are Carbon but I can live with a 30 lbs trail bike. I also have a 2010 Marin Quake 7.9 and I love the bike.

Any help would be great,

MGS

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Why not give Marin a call?

I'd buy the attack trail in a second over the ibis/jekyll. Just look at the pricing and all the raving reviews since day one. I'd pay a small weight penalty for that over those carbon. I too own a quake (older version) and I'm really impressed with it. But wouldn't those two bikes overlap territories a bit? One 150mm bike and one 180mm, both with DH capabilities...

mtbr member
    The Attack Trail is a bad a$$ bike --- just like it's bigger brother the Quake.

great design

high 20's, low 30's depending on the version --

Ibis is nice.. paying extra for that name tag though.

Cannodale Jekyll Carbon 2... l don't understand why Crank-N-Fail is still in business.

Although they (Quake and Attack Trail) use the same design -- bigger fun factor with the Quake.
    Pedalshop.com also on Facebook
    Marin - Transition - Santa Cruz - Cove...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsnork
    Why not give Marin a call?

I'd buy the attack trail in a second over the ibis/jekyll. Just look at the pricing and all the raving reviews since day one. I'd pay a small weight penalty for that over those carbon. I too own a quake (older version) and I'm really impressed with it. But wouldn't those two bikes overlap territories a bit? One 150mm bike and one 180mm, both with DH capabilities...
    My hats off to anyone that can ride a Quake on non gravity assisted trails. I only use my Quake when I go to Highland or other bike parks. My 2010 weighs 39+.

140-150 is just about perfect for the trails around New England. My Cannondale has been great but it need all kinds of work; bottom bracket bearings, chain, cassette, chain rings, swing arm bearings, brakes... I am a little worried about overlap but one is for the park the other the trails. I love the feel of the quake, just need something with less travel and 10 pounds lighter.

Thanks for your input,

MGS
    Last edited by mgs781; 11-07-2010 at 05:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Could it be that the older version Quake is more versatile with less travel? It climbs really well for a DH capable frame. Well known fact... That said IŽd love to try the 2010 Quake or Attack trail to compare. The Marin DH wouldnt be to shabby either in a jam.

A mount vision would be my personal choice if I already had a good FR bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I'd look at the 2011 Mount Vision as a trail bike if I were you. They now have 140mm of travel which is heaps considering the type of bike.

mtbr member
    I have spent some time studying the geo on the Attack Trail and Mount Vision compared to my Prophet. The MV is close to the Prophet (when the Prophet is set to Free Ride mode). The Attack is slacker than both but not by much, 1 degree head angle. Not really sure there is much between them other than the extra travel on the Attack and weight. Any idea how much the Large 2011 XM9 weighs? I would really like to be sub 30 pounds. The MV is $500 more but that really doesn't matter to me. I do worry about the carbon cranks, there are alot of rocks around here and I always manage to find/hit them. I Still think the Attack is best for me and my area. I am a 200lb and aggressive rider but I also go to slow, technical trails once or twice a week. I really don't know which bike to get..... HELP!

MGS

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I've got the same problem. But I really want those iscg tabs and like the fact that the attack would be killer downhill.