Outcast

2010 Mount Vision 150 top tube length

Hey all. I'm looking at possibly picking up one of these frames in a large size, which is typically the size of frame I ride. I'm a little concerned about the 23.3 inch top tube; which is typically pretty short for a large frame.I'm 6 feet tall with proportional arm and leg lengths. Should I be concerned?
    Thanks in advance

Outcast
    Okay, so maybe I need to elaborate a bit. My current aggro-trail bike is a Banshee Spitfire. VERY low BB height, as slack a head angle, and a 24 inch actual Top-tube length for a large size frame. The 6.8 attack trail frame I'm looking at has a 23.3 inch top tube. So what I'm asking is: do the numbers mean nothing, or does the shorter TT length mean a compromise in OVERALL performance? [ I would hope it was obvious that I'm not expecting the shorter TT length to affect DH performance].
    Please, your input is appreciated, thanks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Not sure what a Mt Vision 150 is? If your talking about a attack trail it has a steep seat angle for AM climbing duties. If your running your spitfire with longer fork then your seat angle is probably a bit slacker and you may be able to reclaim some ETT with the seat right back on the Attack trail. Otherwise try and set your bike up with same seat angle and short stem to mimic the riding posn.

I'm 6'2" with a large Wolf Ridge. I'm pretty sure I can mimic the same riding posn on an Atack trail as the a wolf ridge has a much slacker seat tube.

Outcast
    Sorry, yes, I mean the 2010 150mm attack trail.
    My spitfire has a very steep seat-tube as well, with a 150mm fork, which is not too much fork for the bike, so I'm not slacking the seat angle at all.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Without getting the seat back it would be too tight [ ETT]for me as a Trail bike. But it's perfect if I kept it just for pure AM duties or shuttle runs. That's long 1/2 hr plus climbs followed by 1hr long plus decents.

But that's what it's designed for.