mtbr member

2010 AT fork travel vs BB height?

So I bought a used '10 AT with the intent of upgrading the Revelation WC taper fork to dual position to help out climbing. I didnt realize the BB was so low, I hate smacking pedals and technical climbing performance is important for me. I think I failed to realize the full implications of a 66 deg head angle.

This may be a stretch but does anyone know what the BB height is with a Revelation or Lyrik set at 120mm and 25% or so sag fork and shock? The forks are probably different overall lengths , not sure. I cant seem to find any BB heights on the Marin website. Maybe the Marin guys might be able to chime in?

Point being, I may have to invest in the Cane Creek angleset to bring up the BB height, but that means a new- non tapered fork plus pricey headset and compromised descending capability. If I drop the travel down I cant have the drivetrain dragging on the ground though. Feel kind of stuck with this new bike.
    Last edited by Fuel53; 04-18-2011 at 05:10 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Uk site has BB heights.
    Shock affects BB height more than fork so make sure you have propedal on for the climbs.

Get someone to measure BB height when you compress current fork.

Rockshox site used to have a file on axle to crown heights of all their forks in the teech section of their website.
    Fox has drawings of all their forks in their tech area.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    The Rev is ~508 set at 130mm according to a dude at SRAM.