Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    b3n
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

2010 Attack Trail: pictures?

Hi,

can you post your 2010 Attack Trail pics? I'm interested in the 6.8 model and I can't see it aynwhere in the flesh, so I thought to ask your collaboration! I think I should go with the large... how much "gate" is it?

Thank you, guys!

b3n

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Not sure what gate is but here are some pictures, and an action shot to show you it can handle allot... pretty crappy shot but that is like a 25-30ft stepdown

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    What upgrades you made to that mate, you ride in britain and would my wolf ridge be able to take that abuse? Cheers jonty

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I put some saint brakes on it, saint cranks, a thompson 50mm stem, sunline 29.5 bars, e13 lg1 guide, straitline pedals, sdg ti fly saddle and some maxxis minion dh casing tires (not in the picture). I am not sure about the mount vision bike either I have no experience with it.

b3n
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    That's a really cool looking bike! Thank you.

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by giffels
    that is like a 25-30ft stepdown
    Would that be in Pinkbike units?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    No internet units, that is in tape measure units

RiffRaff
    Jan 2007
    hows that thing handle XC?
    "If Liberace was alive, he'd be proud to ride that mofo."

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    It climbs remarkably well for how I have it set up, and descends amazing... but time for a new bike so this things up to go to a new home

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Taking my Wolfridge to Whistler,bike park and trails. Hopefully holds up.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by spadmike
    Taking my Wolfridge to Whistler,bike park and trails. Hopefully holds up.
    Let me know how it goes dude

mtbr member
    The older, inbred brother to the Attack Trail... less travel, more teeth...

10mm less travel but who's counting.

these things rip!!!

l have been a HUGE HUGE fan of the Quake -- bought pretty much one each year they came out. l never stocked any of the Wolf Ridge models simply because l thought it wasn't going to sell well in our area. A couple weeks ago, l bought one for myself just for kicks... just to check it out. DANG!!! sweet ride and for my risk/ride level, it'll do all the stuff l can do on the Quake.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010 Attack Trail: pictures?-wookie-wolf-ridge.jpg  

2010 Attack Trail: pictures?-wolf-ridge.jpg  

Pedalshop.com also on Facebook
    Marin - Transition - Santa Cruz - Cove...

mtbr member
    Here the frame. More parts on the way.
    [IMG][/IMG]

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Where did you get a bare frame? Hoping theres an online store flogging them off cheap.........

mtbr member
    I got this on a warranty return. Broke my MV and for a small fee, they sent me this big sucker!

mtbr member
    One more piece:

[IMG][/IMG]

mtbr member

Complete 2010 Attack Trail

Finished it last night and took it for a ride this morning. Really, really good bike.

[IMG][/IMG]

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    How does the pedalling/uphill compare to the MV? Often wonder if I could use one of these as my xc bike and get away with it, but being an old DHer I if it was much worse than my MV (140mm fork, same wheel/similar tyre setup to you) I would struggle to not be reduced to a gibbering mess by the end of a ride. Too many of my mates are hammerheads and my "dont brake - dont pedal" mantra only gets me so far.

mtbr member
    It pedals almost exactly the same, and as well as the MV. No kidding. I set the shock on the firmer side, and it rocks. It handles all the square rocks, roots the same, just propelling you over them, and the balance is great. It's a big heavier, but that's what the small ring is for. I'll report back after I've had more saddle time, but so far, really, really nice.

mtbr member
    mas pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010 Attack Trail: pictures?-dsc02944.jpg  

2010 Attack Trail: pictures?-dsc02941.jpg  

2010 Attack Trail: pictures?-dsc02946.jpg  

Pedalshop.com also on Facebook
    Marin - Transition - Santa Cruz - Cove...

mtbr member
    Here's a few more;

[IMG] [/IMG]

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Very nice looking build
    Please update us with fit, feel and handling details after a few miles.

mtbr member
    Well, I've ridden for a few weeks now, and here's my initial report.

All accounts are true that it climbs well. The Quad Link suspension is the same on the MV as on the AT. It devours square edge hits, propelling you up and over them. However, this bike is not meant for the sharp edged technical terrain we have here in Austin, and here's why I think that.

This bike was made to go down things, plain and simple. The suuuuuper slack 66 degree head tube will tell you that. The low bottom bracket also means that going down (hill) is this bikes true love. It will tolerate the climbs, but the steep head angle makes the slow going up the steep technical stuff a challenge, as the front end will wander. It takes quite a bit more control and body english to keep a good line when you're rock crawling up the hills. After the first ride, by arms were sore from having to muscle the bike up and over the ledges.

The low bottom bracket assures a stable bike at high speeds, which is does well. However, for everyday use out here in Austin, it's not ideal. Like I said, we have lots and lots of rock ledges that are part of the trail, and the pedals are constantly bashing into the rocks. I've had to totally adjust how I pedal up hill to compensate, which isn't cool. I like to sit and spin up the technical stuff, standing only when necessary, so the low bottom bracket height does not jive with my style, and if you have to stand and pedal on this bike, it defeats the purpose of having such a good climbing suspension design.

I have yet to try any of the super fast single track we have here, but I'm sure it will handle that with ease, and it's true colors will shine.

The bike feels very solid and stiff, but for everyday Austin use, it's not the weapon of choice.

Bloodied but Unbowed
    Quote Originally Posted by pulpwoody
    Well, I've ridden for a few weeks now, and here's my initial report.

All accounts are true that it climbs well. The Quad Link suspension is the same on the MV as on the AT. It devours square edge hits, propelling you up and over them. However, this bike is not meant for the sharp edged technical terrain we have here in Austin, and here's why I think that.

This bike was made to go down things, plain and simple. The suuuuuper slack 66 degree head tube will tell you that. The low bottom bracket also means that going down (hill) is this bikes true love. It will tolerate the climbs, but the steep head angle makes the slow going up the steep technical stuff a challenge, as the front end will wander. It takes quite a bit more control and body english to keep a good line when you're rock crawling up the hills. After the first ride, by arms were sore from having to muscle the bike up and over the ledges.

The low bottom bracket assures a stable bike at high speeds, which is does well. However, for everyday use out here in Austin, it's not ideal. Like I said, we have lots and lots of rock ledges that are part of the trail, and the pedals are constantly bashing into the rocks. I've had to totally adjust how I pedal up hill to compensate, which isn't cool. I like to sit and spin up the technical stuff, standing only when necessary, so the low bottom bracket height does not jive with my style, and if you have to stand and pedal on this bike, it defeats the purpose of having such a good climbing suspension design.

I have yet to try any of the super fast single track we have here, but I'm sure it will handle that with ease, and it's true colors will shine.

The bike feels very solid and stiff, but for everyday Austin use, it's not the weapon of choice.

I have a '09 MV 5.7 and a '10 AT 6.8. Same deal in AZ terrain-wise, although maybe more of a mixed bag, and here the 6" suspension and slack head angle are welcomed. I hit pedals more than on the MV too.

I will ride the MV pretty much anywhere I ride the AT, just the AT is so forgiving going downhill and makes it so easy by comparison, I live with the low BB. Climbing is fine for me otherwise, just have to adjust the style a bit is all, as you mentioned.

Hopping onto the MV and riding the same trails after riding the AT for a few weeks is a cool experience. The MV feels so light and edgy (and I mean that in a good way) but still gobbles up everything the AT does, just with a little more excitement on the descents.

mtbr member
    I find the rear suspension a bit harsh going down the choppy stuff, and honestly, the difference between 4.75 inches and 6 inches doesn't really feel all that drastic. I'm hitting everything on the AT that I would hit on the MV, which is a testament to the versatility of the MV I guess.

I'll ride this for another month or so and sell it, I don't feel like it's the right bike for me and the terrain and my riding style.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast