mtbr member
    Oct 2009

1993 Pine Mountain question

This is also posted over in the vintage thread but thought I would try here as well...

About to pick up an all original Pine Mountain after work today that was purchased by my friend new back in 1993, or 94. It is Silver, with Purple Stem, seat post Clamp and Bar ends, that's all I know...I am being told that this bike does NOT have a rigid fork on it and that he remembered purchasing it with some kind of Manitou suspension fork on it.
    Was this bike ever offered new with a front suspension fork on it? In either case, the bike is in very nice shape, but the fork is shot, so I will need to figure out something there. also is this a 1" steerer. I am assuming that it is.
    Sorry for the lack of details, but I have no pics and the guy I am getting it from knows nothing about bikes. I am getting this thing for NOTHING so I guess it is all good no matter what...

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I Had UK version 1994 Eldridge Grade & Pine mountain. Both frames were probably the same with different decals and had rigid forks.
    There is very little chance that this bike was intended to be sold with a suspension fork as standard. The headsets on mine were NOT AHEADSETS but im pretty sure they were 1&1/8th inch by then. They were very nice bikes!
    My 94 Pine had BLUE stem etc. The purple may indicate 95 rather than 93.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Here are pics of the bike as is sits.
    I currently have it on my local CL, but am now thinking of rebuilding the fork, or finding another nice used one and keeping the bike. If anyone out there has one of these forks and would like to get rid of it, or has the rigid version or if someone out there is seriously interesting in this thing, please PM me. I saw a rebuild kit for sale for $45.00, but have no clue how to fix it. Would I be better off taking it to my LBS with the rebuild kit and having them do it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1993 Pine Mountain question-marin-010.jpg  

1993 Pine Mountain question-marin-015.jpg  

1993 Pine Mountain question-marin-021.jpg  

1993 Pine Mountain question-marin-016.jpg  

1993 Pine Mountain question-marin-017.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Nice!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

very nice

very nice

mtbr member
    sweet ride, I have a '94 Pine Mountain that I've had since '95. my son rides it now and loves it, we're installing a Rock Shox Duke on it next week. the Manitou fork on your bike is easy to rebuild, it's just a elastomer stack that drops in from the top of the fork legs.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Yup, old Marins are sweet. I've had my '94 Eldridge Grade since 2007. Rebuilt from somebody's trash bin...his lose, my gain.