mtbr member
    Jun 2008

'07 northside trail'

anyone know how good this bike is. and what it can handle. the marin site doesnt show it so im assuming that it may be out of production. im lookin to do trails with some tech and FR. im a beginner so i wont be doin major jumps or the like.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Will be looking at the 2008 model tomorow, can only find one review of the 07 model, any users or owners thoughts would help with the wallet emptying

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I have the 07 bobcat trail, basically the same frame as the northside. I like the geometry, and its pretty lite weight. I am a beginner and this is my first real mountain bike. But for the price it was a good starter bike. I paid 400 used last month.

Heres a link to Marins 07 catalog.

http://www.marinbikes.com/2008/us/re...in_Catalog.pdf

mtbr member
    I have a Northsidetrail 05, the parts are crap, over the years I upgraded a lot of components. But the frame is awesome, I ride trails, and I ride pretty hard, bike takes a lot of abuse. It's not the lightest frame, my bike weights 31.4 lb, it climbs ok, and goes down even better. AXC it is.
    live fun, play hard

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Well the deal was done, upgraded the front brake to a hope mono job, just have to wait till the weekend to give it a decent tryout