None

Help With Sizing

I am considering purchase of a Pro29 or Ridgeline. I am 5'10 with 32 inseam (bare feet) and long arms. I am not sure if I should go with Medium or Large size as I believe I fall between sizes. I will have a lot of seatpost showing on the Medium but TT length seems to be ok. I would run a 90-100 mm stem with this one. On the large I would most likely use a 70-80 mm stem given my current bike. I normally ride an 18 on average so that 16.5 seat tube seems short. Any opinions or thoughts on what might be better for me? I would like to hear what sizes others are riding versus your physical measurements. Any help is appreciated.

mtbr member
    Great topic. May I also add mine.
    I'm between 5'7 - 5'8 tall, inseam 30.5 inches. What frame size should I buy for Ridgeline 29 or Pro 29. Size small is 15 inches and the medium is 16.5 inches. Just looking at both sizes tells me I should get the medium, I was thinking the seat tube will be too long if I choose the small, but i want to make sure i will enjoy the ride and no regrets after the purchase. Any help pls. Anyone here has the same height and what frame size do you have? Thanks guys.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Grammy for what it's worth I came close to buying that bike but I chose a fat chance yo Eddy instead. I talked to the people at lynskey and they basically said I'm in between the two sizes. I am five foot seven with a 30-inch inseam. Pretty close to you. When I ordered my fat chance I had a 30-minute consultation call with Chris chance and he asked me many questions including the measuring of my older mountain bike which is also a fat chance. He told me that I should go with the small which I did and it is under construction. The geometry of the two bikes are very similar. Hope this helps but I would further investigate. The jury's out until I get the bicycle but I have a lot of trusti in Chris Chance

mtbr member
    I'm 5'7" with a 28.5 inseam. I ride a small with a short stem. Stand over is barely low enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I think its important to look at the overall geo of the bike. IMHO smaller is always better as long as your within its parameters. I went the opposite route with my Lynskey just to test out something different. I ride a large as I'm 6'2" . But got an XL. Its a big bike!

mtbr member

Help With Sizing

I think I should get a small Ridgeline 29 frame, the difference in ETT is only minimal (22.8 for small & 23.8 for medium) but the stand over height for small fits well for me (28 for small and 30.3 for medium) with my inseam of 30.5, I should be ok with the small frame.. thanks guys for the inputs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by grammy; 02-28-2017 at 07:54 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHamster View Post
    I would like to hear what sizes others are riding versus your physical measurements. Any help is appreciated.
    I am 5' 11.5", 32" inseam, normal arms. I have a L Ridgeline with 100mm stem and a Thomsen setback post. It fits perfect and I love the bike. With a straight post, it felt cramped. The setback post made all the difference.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    5'8" 31" inseam and I bought a small mt29 and felt cramped no matter what I did. Purchased a medium ridgeline and it fits so much better. I think top tube length is a more important measurement than stand over plus you get two bottle mounts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I just bought and built up a M290 (same geometry as Ridgeline) and I am just under 5-9", 32" inseam and I bought a Medium with a setback seatpost and a 100mm stem. Started out with a 90mm stem and felt cramped. Fits perfectly now. The setback seatpost made a difference.