mtbr member

Sewanee, rocker design.

I just bought a 2006 Sewanee and was wondering why Litespeed have changed the rocker pivot point from a welded attachment between the top and seat tubes, to the centre of the top tube. By the way even though mine is a 2006 version, it has the 2005 "old" rocker design and looking at photos in the litespeed blog it seems as though the older design is still made and therefore the two coexists. Why???
    Thanks to all who reply.
    Mark
    "Carpe diem, quam minimun credula postero"- Seize the day, trust as little as possible in tomorrow.(Horace)

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    maybe you got the 05 frame? take the tanasi for example, it looks the same from 04-06. perhaps yr supplier got confused, or else they've got some explaining to do

mtbr member
    The decals place it as an '06 frame, and the '06 and '07 frames appear to be the same.
    What I am more concerned with is the rocker design; it appears that there was a change in its design from 05 to 06 but5 if you look at the Litespeed blog, Geoff Kabush et al are fondling the earlier design but with what appears to be a pending release of the swapable drop-outs, hence this is a current/ new frame. Therefore does Litespeed have both variations of the Sewanee on there production line and if so what are the differences in performance and why have both?
    "Carpe diem, quam minimun credula postero"- Seize the day, trust as little as possible in tomorrow.(Horace)

mtbr member
    Different size frames had different versions.

Also, there are two designs this for this years racers, one with a pivot near the BB and one with no pivot

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    TiRyder is correct, The rocker pivot mounted in the top tube is on the small frames, allways has been, on the large frames they mount the pivot on a top tube/seat tube gusset, yours must be a M/L or L frame, So there is no "old" rocker pivot design They still build them the same as they allways have. The Sewanee;s that Geoff Kabush ride are completely custom with horst links and other experimental designs, not for sell to the public. for more info on team Maxxis and Litespeed check out cyclingnews.com {tech page]

mtbr member
    Thanks guys. I've always been a believer in taking new information with a grain of salt. If that info is subsequently repeated or confirmed independently then I become a qualified believer. This therefore makes me a qualified believer!
    PS MTBR.com is the definitive forum for mountain bikers; very collegial unlike a lot of the
    PC hardware sites.
    Last edited by drmark67; 05-22-2007 at 05:14 AM.