mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Sewanee LS review Anyone?

I need a ride report on the new Sewanee LS. Is she stiff, any problems, does it feel like 90mm travel. Please anyone?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Sewanee Review

Below is my Small Sewanee LS. The small has 80mm of rear travel. I have the front end currently setup at 100mm. The suspension works smooth. This is my first Ti bike and it is not as harsh as the AL hardtail or Carbon/Al full suspension bikes I had before. However, my prior suspension bike was going on 8 years old. The bike is plenty stiff but I am not 200lbs and don't have legs the size of redwoods. The bike is quick and fast, both uphill and downhill. However, this is not an all mountain bike, if you like drops, and jumps this is not your bike. If you like keeping your wheels on the ground in fast single track you won't be disappointed. I only had one problem; creeky bearings in the lower pivot. Problem has been solved.

Frame: Small Sewanee LS
    Components: XT
    Wheel: Bontrager
    Hubs: Bontrager (DT Swiss)
    Stem: FSA
    Bars: FSA Carbon
    Litespeed2_edited.JPG

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

litespeed sewanee SS large 25.37 lbs

4" front and 2.5" rear travel large bike. The frame weight is 4.63 lbs. XTR shifter, cranks, rear deraillure, xt front derailleur, sram cassette and chain, crossmax SL wheels, maxxis ignitor UST tires, thomson stem and seatpost, easton ec90 SL handlebars, formula oro brakes, 08 Fox F100 RLC fork, 08 Fox RP23 rear shock.
    Awesome bike, no problems so far.
    BTW, how did you fix the creak in the rear pivots? I like that there are not that many pivots on this bike and that they are simple plastic bushing.

Ian
    Attached Images Attached Images