mtbr member
    Sep 2007

sewanee fork travel length?

Can anybody advise me on the ideal fork for a sewanee frame (2007). I know the litespeed website recommends either 80 or 100mm but does anybody have experience in this matter? I kind of think 100mm looks a little long for the geometry of the frame. thanks stu

mtbr member
    I'm using a Fox F100 with a 100mm stem and the geometry is fine.
    Stem and fork combos can alter the streeing characteristics but for me the above works; my 2 cents.
    "Carpe diem, quam minimun credula postero"- Seize the day, trust as little as possible in tomorrow.(Horace)

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by drmark67
    I'm using a Fox F100 with a 100mm stem and the geometry is fine.
    Stem and fork combos can alter the streeing characteristics but for me the above works; my 2 cents.
    I put 2000 miles on my 2005 Sewanee and had a Reba team U Turn 85mm to 115mm and found the 85mm setting is where I left it 85% of the time. That's just where the bike felt the best. 100mm will get the head tube angle around 70 degrees which is good but might not climb as well. I have talked to Litespeed and they say the bike was designed around a 80mm but a 100mm will work fine. I got to test quite a bit and found 85mm setting is where I liked it.