EDR

New question here. Sell my Tomac98?

I have a '03Tomac98 Special. Since getting a new bike I have found I no longer have a use for this bike. My question is: Is there any market for this bike that would make it worthwhile to sell the entire package?

I paid 2k for it. Its got Mavic Crossmax Enduro ust wheels, thomson seat, stem. Marzochhi mx comp105, xt,xt, yada, yada, yada.

My point is maybe I should just part it out, I don't see any market for this bike on ebay. Heck, I've only passed one other person (that I noticed) riding a 98, in 3 years of riding...

Any thoughts as to the best bang for my buck?

Thanks

Schwinn love
    Nov 2005
    You'd definitely be better off parting it all out and selling the frame. I've seen a few 98 Specials on Ebay over the past year and they don't seem to bring much at all. Less than $900 for most and with decent parts on them too.

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailhappy
    You'd definitely be better off parting it all out and selling the frame. I've seen a few 98 Specials on Ebay over the past year and they don't seem to bring much at all. Less than $900 for most and with decent parts on them too.
    Wow! A first reply to my post...I guess you (and the lack of interest), have answered my question.

Thanks for chiming in

Schwinn love
    Nov 2005
    What did you replace the Tomac with? Just curious. I thought of getting a 98 Special at one time. They look a lot like the Titus Racer X.

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailhappy
    What did you replace the Tomac with? Just curious. I thought of getting a 98 Special at one time. They look a lot like the Titus Racer X.
    They do look a lot like the Titus. Difference being the Titus has the Horst Link.

I moved to a Yeti 575....