mtbr member

Niota suspension setup and maintainance

My brother-in-law is riding a demo '04 Niota AL with XT disk kit which he will probably buy. We don't have the manual or any info, though.

If you're riding a Niota, what pressure are you running in the rear shock (Float AVA RL)? He's about 160 lb and is only using about 2/3 of the travel at 120 psi. I just dropped it down to 110 psi, so he'll try that next. We are running it at the high volume (low rate) setting.

The bike has a Vanilla 100 fork, and we've only tried it at the 4" travel setting. Anyone try it at 5" with a 100mm fork? We may try putting my TALAS 125 fork on it, since I have a Maverick fork coming for my bike.

What do you do for pivot maintainance on the Niota? Any reliability issues?

-David

mtbr member
    May 2004

Set it by the sag

I also run my Niota in the low AVA setting with high volume. I don't know what pressure is actually in it, just set it by sitting on the bike without bouncing and get the wipe ring to 1/4 to 1/3 of the sag. I also had to let a little more out to use all the travel. I am running it in the 4" mode. I am pretty sure that all Vanilla forks are adjustable for 80, 100 and 125 mm, although I haven't pulled it apart to try. Reliability has been good so far, just keep checking the tightness of the linkage bolts. The ones where the seatstays meet the linkage were coming loose often, but I've lathered them up with some blue loctite and we will see if that helps.