Thread: Niota AL owners

"I wanna go fast"

Niota AL owners

I've posted about this in the Beginners corner, but I thought I would ask it here too. Can some of you other Niota AL owners chime in and let me know how they fell about the quality of the bike and manufacturer? I have read a lot of bad press about this bike and company, so I would be interested to hear some fresh opinions.

Thanks a bunch.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

niota al

hey there. I had one of the originals from 2004. I broke the rear end last spring just inside the 3 year warranty period. Up until then it was the best bike I had ever ridden. I was fairly privileged in the fact that I worked for the factory and was able to ride a lot of cool bikes. I also had a Ti version but I thought the AL was more responsive. If you're buying new, I would not hessitate. If you're buying used, know that the rear end prior to the 2007 redesign, just know that the rear end does have a design flaw that puts too much load on one tube. Of the many failures I did see, there was a common thread among most of the owners: their weight was generally in the 190lb and up category. I am in that class my self.
    If this worries you, as it should, know that new rear ends can still be purchased from the factory, for $250 I think, in the case of a failure.
    Having said that, I loved the bike and really miss the niota suspension while riding my current rig, the merlin 4.0.
    I don't know if this helps, but it's my take.

"I wanna go fast"
    That helps a ton and I appreciate it greatly
    For all of your photographic needs
    www.BlakeWJohnson.com