RIDE...

Merlin XLM vs Scott Scale?

Please help me decide, I can get a Scott hard tail in Germany for 1400 Euro, or a XLM in USA for 2800, which will make a better bike? and why? I already own a Epic S-Works 2007, but I am very interested in a hard tail, and Merlin are beautiful, but there is little or no info.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL
    Please help me decide, I can get a Scott hard tail in Germany for 1400 Euro, or a XLM in USA for 2800, which will make a better bike? and why? I already own a Epic S-Works 2007, but I am very interested in a hard tail, and Merlin are beautiful, but there is little or no info.
    For me the answer is quite clear. Go for the Merlin. Because the frame is titanium.
    You can ride it forever.. if the SCOTT Scale you mentioned is made with carbon - you might have a limited time to ride it... depends on your riding style.

And dont forget, for Merlin/Litespeed bikes you receive as first owner a lifetime warranty.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    in NZ the scott carbons are warranteed for 1 year. the LBS told me "you would have worn it out after 12 months and be ready for a new one anyway" if I'm spending that much give me something that is designed more than 1 year. I saw another one in a different shop thats was being converted back to a 27 speed from a brief single speed set up... the bottom bracket/chain stay flexed so much with ss set up it dropped the chain... before people jump on the band wagon īts not designed for ss" my point is its flexy now how long will it last

mtbr member
    I'd go w/ the Merlin!

RIDE...
    Will go for the Merlin!!!

mtbr member
    I'm riding an S-Works Epic 2008 & S-Works HT 2008 carbon, will replace the HT with a Seven Sola Merlin is also very nice I must say

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    As above depends how long you want it to last. I had a Trek Elite XC carbon frame which lasted 9 months before chainsuck gouged a great hole in the chainstay. OK, not a frame fault but it's now dead all the same.
    Awaiting delivery of a Merlin XLM.....