mtbr member

Max rear tire size/650b in a Niota?

MTBRs,

Does anyone know the max 26" tire size for the newer 08/09 Nitoas with the Ti front and alloy rears? Also has anyone ventured to put a 650b in back? Thanks in advance!

mtbr member

I'm going to try

I could not fit a 650B (Quasi Moto 2.3) in the back of a Unicoi frame, but I'm about to try it in a Pisgah when it arrives in the mail. Here's a Dean with 650B front and back: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...13089#poststop
    germs, needles, milk, death, snakes, mushrooms, heights, crowds, elevators

mtbr member

Not in the Pisgah

I cant fit the 2.3 Neo Moto in the back of my Pisgah. It clears the brake arch, but not the seatstays.

mtbr member
    I'm going to have to wait a bit since my new hub has yet to come in (lefty SI) for my new 650b wheel build. Once it does I'm going to have to mock it up as a rear to see if one would fit. I've run a Conti MK 2.4 with room to spare so maybe a racing ralph or quasi could possibly fit. If not I wouldn't be 100% heart broken as most of the 650b benefit is derived from the front wheel.
    Last edited by Ramjm_2000; 06-25-2009 at 04:49 PM.

mtbr member

That's where I am too

I have less than an inch of clearance now on a 26 inch wheel with a 2.0 Hutch tire. I could run a 650 B with a Quasi and maybe fit or just put a beefier 26 tire in there. I think that would about get me what I want at $300 less!

Now you are talking about putting a 650 on a lefty front? I'm debating the choice between a 650 and a 700 on a Maverick hub.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gthcarolina
    Now you are talking about putting a 650 on a lefty front? I'm debating the choice between a 650 and a 700 on a Maverick hub.
    Yup.