Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Max rear tire size/650b in a Niota?

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Ramjm_2000 
#1 ·
MTBRs,

Does anyone know the max 26" tire size for the newer 08/09 Nitoas with the Ti front and alloy rears? Also has anyone ventured to put a 650b in back? Thanks in advance!

#4 · (Edited)
I'm going to have to wait a bit since my new hub has yet to come in (lefty SI) for my new 650b wheel build. Once it does I'm going to have to mock it up as a rear to see if one would fit. I've run a Conti MK 2.4 with room to spare so maybe a racing ralph or quasi could possibly fit. If not I wouldn't be 100% heart broken as most of the 650b benefit is derived from the front wheel.

#5 ·
That's where I am too

I have less than an inch of clearance now on a 26 inch wheel with a 2.0 Hutch tire. I could run a 650 B with a Quasi and maybe fit or just put a beefier 26 tire in there. I think that would about get me what I want at $300 less!

Now you are talking about putting a 650 on a lefty front? I'm debating the choice between a 650 and a 700 on a Maverick hub.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.