Will work 4 fuel...

Maintenance for polished titanium finish?

Finish on my '99 Litespeed Obed needs some TLC. I want to clean and polish the frame and replace the decals but I'm afraid of scratching the existing finish.

Any tips on removing the existing decals?

Also need advice on what type of cleaner/polish and cleaning pad I should use for this job.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrackmind
    Finish on my '99 Litespeed Obed needs some TLC. I want to clean and polish the frame and replace the decals but I'm afraid of scratching the existing finish.

Any tips on removing the existing decals?

Also need advice on what type of cleaner/polish and cleaning pad I should use for this job.

If it is a true pollished finish its a ***** to keep them up If it is a brushed finish like the standard finish what you do is thake a green Scotch brite pad and with the grain of the metal you go side to side on the tube moving it slowly down the tube longways.
    As for stickers acetone will remove them getting them on is a harder task. they are very thin and you half to be very careful. We provide our customers whith this servise when they bring in there bikes for service for free. If i can be any more help please call me or my wife at the shop 1-715-736-6969

Shane & Tryna