Thread: LS or No ?

mtbr member

LS or No ?

After reading this

Lite Speed Customer Service

I"m wondering if I should buy a 2002 LiteSpeed Lookout Mountain frame that a friend is selling. Do these older frames suck ? He's asking $800 for the frame / fork / and a mavvic 3.1 wheelset.

Any knowledge on this frame ? Thx guys

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    800.00 is a fair price if the frame is in great shape. So what are you waiting for when he's tossing in 3.1 Mavics and a fork! [What Hubs?Fork?] The lookout mountain is as good of 3/2 Titainiam frame made. Geometry for hardtails has not changed since 1997. Run a 80mm fork and enjoy a great hardtail. Put on a 100mm and slow the steering down just a tad. O ya Lookout mountains do not have ugly V brake bosses. About 3.8 lbs and not fragile [frame]. ABG has been good to me but they are going through growing pains, but your talking about a freekin frame made in 2002 What does the public expect! What company will repair and weld on frames made since the beginning? ABG will! it just mite take em awile. I sent my 2006 Marzocchi fork to Marzocchi factory service, it had 300 light XC miles on it, 155.00 dollars later and 12 weeks in the middle of biking season I got it back. Point is, these companys are about making money like the rest of us, most of it on new product. Service comes second and it's to bad, but it's all about the money.