mtbr member

Looking for Tomac Eli reviews and impressions

Hi I'm looking for a new fairly lightweight trail bike frame and I'd love to hear impressions about the Tomac Eli.

The frame design is kind of funky looking, but at the same time the rear triangle looks to be pretty stiff.

Can anyone elaborate on the ride qualities of their Eli frame?

This frame I purchase will have to serve some duty as an 24 Hours of Adrenalin and occassional XC race bike.

Anyone riding an Eli for these types of purposes?

Thanks!

Mark

Fragilie
    Quote Originally Posted by CTRider
    Hi I'm looking for a new fairly lightweight trail bike frame and I'd love to hear impressions about the Tomac Eli.

The frame design is kind of funky looking, but at the same time the rear triangle looks to be pretty stiff.

Can anyone elaborate on the ride qualities of their Eli frame?

This frame I purchase will have to serve some duty as an 24 Hours of Adrenalin and occassional XC race bike.

Anyone riding an Eli for these types of purposes?

Thanks!

Mark

I was riding an riding an Eli and your right, it does have a stiff rear end. This bike climbs extremely well. I ride pretty rough xc stuff and the bike has performed well. The swinger 4 shock is awsome. A little time consuming to set up but worth it. It sounds like it could be the right choice for what you are wanting to do with it. Although for the extreme rough stuff the bike could be a little plusher. But whats one to do.
    Good luck.
    Eric