Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

litespeed warranty/repair

6K views 34 replies 15 participants last post by  Spastook 
#1 ·
well i recently decided to turn a 93 obed into a single speed. i started by removing the old stickers and tuning of the luster of the frame a bit. then i noticed a crack at the head tube/down tube weld. what now. i have contacted litespeed just now. we'll see what they have to say.

Attachments

See less See more
#27 ·
I have just recieved a Warranty part for my merlin works 4.0,

BUT

The Warranty replacement WAS ALREADY CRACKED when i recieved it.

It was a set of rear stays, and they sent me ex demo ones. I paid $100 to have them send me scrap metal. They have Just responded to my email, refusing to send out any others, or even refund my payment for the freight. Just wiping their hands of it.

WTF

#29 ·
Jerk_Chicken said:
That's astounding.

I would make a complaint to the BBB, or local consumer group.

Got pics?
One issue is that im in Australia, and they dont have an Aussie Distributor. Also being in Aus, not sure who to report it to, but im calling my Credit Card company to get them to try to get the funds back.

Oh yeah, i have pics, lots of pics. Ill get em up in due time. I have 3 stays here all cracked in same spot, (ive been made to purchase them all, No more thats for sure), Front end with Dent in it from being supplied with incorrect length stroke shock, or frame mis-alignment. They have flat out refused to help in any way what so ever.

#31 · (Edited)
Hmm sounds bad. 3 cracked stays in a row/dented front triangle? Makes me wonder about the shipping vs. the company per say. How were they shipped/boxes abused/insured? I can't imagine any company being incompetent enough to send out 3 cracked stays in a row. Litespeed used to have a top notch fellow in marketing/CS, Herbert was his name. He posted in most all the big cycling forums helping folks out, he eventually left the company to start his own and IMO Litespeed has been suffering since. I recently purchased one (Niota Ti) based on how well it rode and the fact that they are trying to get back to their roots. That said they really need to have someone take over the job Herbert did to help with reputation/CS issues.

#32 ·
Using new user name now here.

Anyway

Two cracked under my usage, and the third was shipped to me as an ex demo one, for warranty, but it was already cracked, they didnt even check it.

BTW Herbert doesnt work there anymore and hasnt for some time. I used to work for the Aussie distributor and have met herbert back in 05 at interbike. He wasnt there too long after that.

Oh, and on the Ti Niota, check the Upper Shock links, where its welded to the TT, i had two of them fail as well, small cracks punching a hole in the TT. We also had two Sewanees come back with the same thing.

See Pics of Merlin Rear end

ABG have refused any further service and also refused to refund me any thing for the shipping me damaged goods.

Spose thats what happens when the company is owned by an investment Equity group, BOTTOM LINE is the ONLY thing that matters when reporting to them as investors.

#34 ·
I wish someone would buy Litespeed and have the same passion for CS like Dave Turner
I have had the same type of warran OH f$@k it, it's not even worth talking about. Bottom line is Litespeed CS is the worst in the business.

I have been a devoted Litespeed consumer. I am moving on to Lynskey Moots or Seven when ever I drop my next dime on titanium.

Litespeed had it by the balls, go figure.

#35 ·
ak greeff said:
so litespeed told my lbs that it would cost me between 470.00 and 540.00 dollars to fix my frame, depending on if they replace just the down tube or the down tube and the head tube.:eek: i dont know much about business , but msrp for a new obed is about 2200 bucks. so lets say wholesale is 1100 dollars. if litespeed makes 40% profit on their bikes, that means it cost them roughly 660 dollars to build a frame. does that mean that they want me to pay 82% of what it cost them to build a new frame? this doesent include shipping, which i have to pay for. this is just guess work. am i on track here? if anyone knows business feel free to chime in here. like i said, just thinking out loud.:confused:
I worked for a Litespeed dealer back in 1993 and dealer cost for a Obed or Catalyst (road frame) was $680. They are screwing you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.