mtbr member
    Sep 2007

litespeed sewanee

I am currently trying to decide between buying a scott spark frame or a sewanee frame. I've ridden the spark and it's superb but i am prone to the odd crash and the whole carbon damage issue worries me. However i've been offered a '07 sewanee frame which looks awesome however all i seem to hear and read at the moment is avoid litespeed for various reasons from the welds are poor and will crack, to the customer back up is poor. Is this non litespeed owners being sour grapes or would i be better with the spark. Most sewanee owner feedback seems to be positive. Lastly, could any owners out there reassure me about the titanium flex issue affecting the ride characteristics of the rear suspension frame. Does it work well or is it too flexible for the suspension to work efficiently?
    Last edited by loof; 03-18-2008 at 03:13 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    For me I would go with which ever Frameset fits better. Before I got my current Sewanee I was riding a Carbon Fuel. Carbon frames are very strong and i would not worry about them breaking any more than any other types of materials. It has been on the market for some time and is proven safe and strong. Fit is Key!

Warranty info: Most people complain because they think they should be able to get a replacement frame in a couple of days. This is nonsense...most warranty issues take any where from 2-6weeks to get resolved. It is just the way it is with smaller companies like Litespeed. They do not have replacement frames sitting on a shelf.Since it is ti they in most cases repair cracked welds. Plus you have to factor in shipping both ways plus the time it takes the dealer to contact litespeed, and the time it takes to repair and refinish the frameset. These are just a few things to keep in mind.