mtbr member

Litespeed no longer making the Niota AL?

Just checked litespeeds 2007 lineup but cannot find the niota in the aluminum version.
    Anyone know what's going on and why they dropped the AL version?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbkr_cookie
    Just checked litespeeds 2007 lineup but cannot find the niota in the aluminum version.
    Anyone know what's going on and why they dropped the AL version?
    Based on reading some of the postings by Litespeed's marketing guy on the Roadbikereview forum, I think they are cutting down model lines and focusing on being a titanium only company. The market demand for aluminum or carbon or titanium/carbon combo Litespeeds wasn't that great so they are focusing on what sells the most.

I also read that the void on the road bike side will be filled by custom bikes and while I think that may also be true of hardtail mountain bikes, I think they are pretty much dropping the percentage of the market that wasn't looking for or willing to spend that much on a titanium full suspension.

I for one am glad to see them come around like this. Litespeed is the titanium bike company - not just any bike company. Like the saying goes, you gotta dance with who brung you, and in Litespeed's case, that is titanium.