Maromero

Litespeed Lifetime Warranty

I broke the rear triangle of my Sewanee five weeks ago, I started the warranty process through the LBS I bought it from, they did all the paperwork and in two weeks I was given a return authorization number. It took 3 days for the rear end to arrive at ABG facilities and a week to let me know that the repair was under coverage of the warranty, but.... since they will renew the rear triangle while changing the chainstays, there would be a
    $190 USD charge. The good part is that I'll get to keep my v-brake setup and shipping is included in that price, not so good is that they won't give an estimate date for the repair, I know that they already took off the damaged tubing, but no date for the replacement tubes, a few weeks before they let me know when it will be shipped.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Litespeed Lifetime Warranty-dsc01029.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    bummer, no fun being off your bike.

Hope you get it back soon

Maromero
    Quote Originally Posted by ramesesniblick3
    bummer, no fun being off your bike.
    Hope you get it back soon
    No news yet, they still don't know when they'll be able to put new tubing good thing I kept my trusty Dean Duke.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    What do they mean by 'renewing'?

Surely you can simply ask them to repair to the original specifications for $0.

Maromero
    Quote Originally Posted by C Dunlop
    What do they mean by 'renewing'?
    Surely you can simply ask them to repair to the original specifications for $0.
    Good question, I guess they simply polish the areas and I asked about replacing de damaged parts only, but, they still "have" to renew it, it was a take it or leave it offer, maybe they should change their Lifetime Warranty to "Limited Lifetime Warranty", anyway I'm still waiting for them to finish the repair.

master blaster
    thats why i have 2 bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by ISuckAtRiding View Post
    The dude is like 120lbs, tops lol he can run any tires he wants without issues, i'm sure.

mtbr member
    Are the doing the front triangle as well (refinish) price would be worth it for a refinish and new decals.

Maromero
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramjm_2000
    Are the doing the front triangle as well (refinish) price would be worth it for a refinish and new decals.
    No, I just sent the rear, but I'll ask for the decals to make it more worthy.
    Anyway, I'll get to ride my old rig for an unknown amount of time, since they won't give an estimate "arrival time".

RIDE...
    I recently sent my road bike (ghisallo) for refinishing and i took 2 months, but it is like new.

Maromero

Bummer Update

Being told that my warrantied part would be shipped right after TG holidays nothing happened, so after asking, I was told that "it will be a couple of weeks still" and that Todd, the one in charge of warranties doesn't know what is holding the production guys, Im wondering if I'll get the same answer in 3 weeks.
    Todd is a nice guy, but seems like he has no comunication with production.
    Anyway, just an update.

mtbr member
    It may have to do with their reduced staffing. I live not too far from their facility and I've been told that they have had a work staff reduction due to the effects of the poor economy.

mtbr member
    Ah yes, after a thread like this one as well as others, the result of their reduced work staff is in direct correlation to the economy...

I would have to agree that it has to do with a lack of money coming into the business...

Maromero
    At least now I have some more info about the constant delaying in the estimated time for finishing it. Thanks Zyz.
    Again I was told that the welding will be done next week, I wonder how many times I'm going to hear this same sentence.

Maromero

Update

After a loooong wait and $$$$$ (about $600 in shipping costs and warranty) the frame is on it's way.
    And I say the frame, cause the rear triangle was fixed and "renewed" and got here just before Xmas, only to find out that it would not fit the pivots on the main. Needless to say I was really pissed off, specially after being blamed on this, "because I wanted to save money on shipping costs" even if I asked before if it was OK to send only the rear, well, I sent the complete frame 2 days after and a month and a half later the frame is on it's way, hopefully fixed. I'll find out maybe next week.
    By the way, the "renewed" rear triangle had scratches on the seatstays and a dent near the lower pivot, I hope that was also corrected.

nightriding is fun !
    Good news that your wait is nearly over. I doubt you will be riding with confidence though, seeing what can happen with this frame.
    Titanium or Bust !

Maromero
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Wolf
    Good news that your wait is nearly over. I doubt you will be riding with confidence though, seeing what can happen with this frame.
    You are absolutely right, anyway, I'm still keeping it paying attention to any strange noises and inspecting it after every ride.

nightriding is fun !
    Perhaps you will get the new rear end with rectangular section?
    Titanium or Bust !

Maromero
    My renewed Sewanee finally arrived today, I had to pay $100 USD in import duties, because some clever guy didn't state that it was a warranty repair, well, anyway after a thorough inspection (my mechanic and myself) seems that everything is fine now, just waiting for some new wheels to arrive to start building it again, now with disc brakes.
    And no, I didn't get a rectangular section, but the changed the decals to make look 2010.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Litespeed Lifetime Warranty-sewanee-renewed.jpg  

Last edited by doccoraje; 03-02-2010 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Pic

nightriding is fun !
    Ok, so you're almost ready to go then..
    Pity it still had to cost so much
    Titanium or Bust !