mtbr member
    May 2006

New question here. Hiwassee Replacement Parts

I have a 1998 Litespeed Hiwassee that is in need of replacement suspension bushings and a derailleur hanger. The factory has been no help whatsoever. Any ideas on where these can be found? If I don't get parts, the bike is a throwaway...

mtbr member
    what did the factory say? They should carry spares.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    A rep at Litespeed, Ben Harrison, says "we have nothing left" "I do not know where to send you" I didn't think that 8 years was THAT old for a frame, but it did only run one year. At this point in time, I'm not thrilled with Litespeed. I think that I can come up with substitute bushings from a specialty shop, but I still need extra hangers or it's not worth investing in other replacement parts.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    skivt, They have stopped supporting this bike and have not supported it for sometime now.

I think the only option is to pick up a another bike or start calling all litespeed dealers and see if anyone has parts left over.

Speaking of another bike. A good friend of mine has a 98 Hiwassee I might be able to talk him in to letting it go. It maybe has 500-600 miles on it. And that is exagerating.