Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Help for which year and model for this litespeed frame

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  mbkot 
#1 ·
It's every litespeed ti frame also have litespeed sign below bottom bracket?

This is the photo i get from the seller, but not confirm the model and year, i also scare it a ruplica litespeed. any can HELP! :confused:

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
There should be a serial number under the BB, but maybe ABG stamped theirs somewhere else. I've always been weary of any Litespeeds from 2003 and beyond (post-Lynskey). They just don't have the same track record.

Some of the welds don't look very clean. What's the seller's asking price?

#3 ·
Zasshu said:
There should be a serial number under the BB, but maybe ABG stamped theirs somewhere else. I've always been weary of any Litespeeds from 2003 and beyond (post-Lynskey). They just don't have the same track record.

Some of the welds don't look very clean. What's the seller's asking price?
Asking price is USD1000.

#4 ·
I would insist on a serial number, and then run it by Litespeed. This is just me, but if it turns out to be a Litespeed made 2003 and up, I'd pass, or maybe haggle the price down to $600.

Don't get me wrong...lots of people would pay $1k+ for a Litespeed frame, but you could do a lot better than what ABG churns out.

#6 ·
I've been looking at it for a while, first of all, none of the pictures show the Litespeed badge on the headtube, that is suspicious to say the less. Second, the serial number that should be in the BB is either missing or erased. 1 grand for a frame like that is too much and don't forget that warranty is valid only for the original owner (I must admit by personal experience, that the warranty is limited). Check my post 2 or 3 threads below.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.