luvsingletrack

Ever seen this style of 2004 Niota?

I can buy this new 2004 Niota (aluminum) for a great price. I was doing some research on it before I jump in and noticed the frame I can buy has some extra metal from the top tube to the seat tube. If anything, it will just make the frame stronger (I hope), but none of the Niotas I have seen online have this piece. Everything else looks exactly the same, including the awesome assymetrical stays. Maybe this is an early or late season production that differs a little from most? This is also a large frame, maybe they need this on the large to maintain their geometry and strength. What do you all think?

Attached Images Attached Images

A little of everything
    Yes, that is to stiffen it, so it won't brake.

mtbr member

Great bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    Yes, that is to stiffen it, so it won't brake.
    I hope it will brake, but not break. :^)

My brother-in-law bought a Niota Al with XT build kit, and it seems like a great bike so far. We haven't tried it in the 5" mode yet, since it only has a 4" fork (Vanilla 100), but I have a TALAS fork we may try on it. I'm riding a Blur now (with the TALAS at 125mm), and the Niota is definitely a very comparable bike. I can tell that it has a little less travel (4" mode), but it is more stable at speed (XL Blur is twitchy).

-David