mtbr member

CLR suspension opinions

My first and only full suspension ride has been a niota. I've been on the bike for 2 years now and i am thinking of replacing it. I haven't ridden many other full suspension bikes other than a salsa caballero and intense spyder. I'm wondering how the niota clr suspension compares to other full suspension designs like horst and dw link. I've narrowed my choices down to ibis mojo, ellsworth epiphany and intense 5.5. Any suggestions?

prbs
    I too have a Niota and have always liked the ride of the bike. I put the suspension at 5 in back and swapped out the100mm for the better matched 130RLC fork. I've always thought the rear felt more stiff than the claimed 4-5 inches of travel, though descending is competent and the little dust ring on the shaft of the rear shock proves the claim of 5.
    The up side of the stiffer feel is that the CLR set up seems to climb very well.
    My ultimate impression of the CLR is that it's not what I would call plush - even a bit harsh - but provides a stable, all-around platform that can fly down the trail.
    I bought an Ibis Mojo about a month ago. To Litespeed's credit, I must say they spoiled me a bit with the set up of the Niota and I find myself duplicating my riding position on the Mojo: 110 stem, 26-27inch-wide, riser handlebar and setback seat post.
    That done, the DW link is noticeably more active at the same shock pressure and does feel "plushish..." For what it's worth, the Mojo also adds half an inch of travel. There's good and bad in that difference.
    I don't think the Mojo climbs quite as well as the Niota, but that difference is slight. The main difference here is that the suspension seems to compress more noticeably going through dips and stomping up the other side to continue a climb. That compression can, though doesn't always, cause some chain skip in back.
    Up side of the plusher ride is that I descend now with a bit more of a bomber attitude because of the feel of the suspension on the Mojo. It does feel a bit more forgiving going down.
    Bottom line here is that I need a bit more confidence going down than up and the DW link provides that. CLR feels a bit more XC and DW link, AM - pretty much what both bikes claim to be.
    Both are awesome bikes, though frame and customer service issues have softened my long-term, blind faith dedication to Litespeed. Ibis got my business because of their seemingly spotless reputation right now and the beautiful design of the Mojo.
    My riding buddy absolutely loves his Intense 5.5, but when I sit on it, if feels all wrong. Which ever you choose from the bikes you mentioned above, you'll absolutely love once you get your parts on it.
    Anyway, I hope there's something in here that helps.
    Did I say that out loud?