mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Can you help me identify my LiteSpeed Frame?

Hi,

I bought this recently as a used bike. Supposedly it is a 2003 Litespeed bike, bu the center-pull brake mounts make me think it's older.

It is a 19", and I am curious to know what year and Frame this is so I can know what I'm dealing with.

Thank you for your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    2003 should either have disc tabs or holes to accept the bracket. It looks pre 2000, I had a 1998 Obed and it didn't have the canti mounts. Check out the litespeed site, they have all their catalogs from the 90's. i'd say 1996 Obed

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

litespeed model and year info

I just bought a used ti frame and need help in finding more info about it. The frame has a two piece serial number on the rear derailleur hanger dropout. 4 digits and then T with more 4 digits. There are no other visible markings on the frame.

The 20" frame has "bullet-style" ends on the chain- and seat-stays, solid dropouts, welded triple cable guides on the right hand side of the top tube, welded rear derailleur single cable guide under the seat stay, welded rear brake cable stop arch on the seat stays, welded eyelets to pinch the seat post, pressed and glued aluminum inserts (1,125) in the head tube, pinned stainless bottle cage thread on the seat and town tube.

The seat post diameter is 30mm, which is unusual for Litespeed as far as I know, and that is the only reason I am in doubt that it is a Litespeed. The seat tube has a "titanium" sleeve at the top end which looks to be somehow integrated to the tube, or even welded, because it has two small gas escape holes that correspond with the seat stays positions.

rogiNS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can you help me identify my LiteSpeed Frame?-img_0490.jpg  

Can you help me identify my LiteSpeed Frame?-img_0492.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    As a side note I finally identified my frame after many hours of searching through forums and photos. I believe I have a 1993 DBR (Diamondback Racing) Axis TT. I have been riding it hard and it's a great bike.

Rogi, yours looks amazingly similar but in even better shape. What are the first few letters of the serial number? With that welded rear brake mount similar to mine, I am guessing your frame is early 90s as well.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    to jd1072:

I got an message from
    Mr.Steve Dunn@litespeed/ABG
    to send in a photo and sr.nr, which i did,
    so I am awaiting for his answer.

What are your seatpost and front derailleur sizes? Mine is 30,0/34,9mm
    Mine has no markings on the BBbracket?
    The ser.nr. goes like xx89 Tzyqq and is stamped on the deraileur hanger.
    Mine has aluminum inserts inside the headtube
    and 3ple cable guides on the right hand side of the top tube.
    I dont need a seat post clamp on the top of the seat tube.
    The piching eyelets are welded allready.
    As I can tell, that all differs from your frame.

LiteSpeed, Marin or DBR, it does not matter,
    I beilive your frame is a real fun to ride.

brg
    rogi