mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Buckshot Scandium

I own a '00 Buckshot Scandium Frame and love it. This is the True Made in USA frame (serial #351). I currently have it set up as a single speed trailbike and love it. It is the perfect bike, and after having owned 2 FS rigs I can honestly say that it is the best riding bike I have ever been on. Any other scandium tomac riders out there? Also, where exactly was this bike made? Any ideas? Did bradburry (sp) have his own shop? everything from the Welds to the Paint couldn't be nicer. If anyone could give me some more info that would be much appreciated!

Ride!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    From what I remember Ventana built many of the first Buckshots until Tomac moved production to somewhere in Colorado, not sure where though, maybe the Yeti factory? Of course then they were later bought out and all production moved overseas. So if you have a Ventana built frame consider yourself very lucky!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyclesoflife
    From what I remember Ventana built many of the first Buckshots until Tomac moved production to somewhere in Colorado, not sure where though, maybe the Yeti factory? Of course then they were later bought out and all production moved overseas. So if you have a Ventana built frame consider yourself very lucky!
    Thanks for the info, I just e-mailed Ventana to see if they, in fact, made the frame.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Tomac shop

Quote Originally Posted by sloth
    Thanks for the info, I just e-mailed Ventana to see if they, in fact, made the frame.
    The early Tomacs were made in Colo Spgs. The shop was down on Tejon Ave next door to thge Ski Shop. Some of the welders etc are still here.