mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Anything new on the horizon for Merlin?

I'm interested in getting a Merlin XLM but there hasn't been any changes to it over last couple of years and I'm wondering if there's anything new on the horizon in their line up. I emailed merlin a few days ago and haven't got an answer on this. Anyone got any ideas?

Tks! - R
    Last edited by rideronthestorm; 11-17-2008 at 10:19 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I'd be interested in this as well. I'm looking to get a Ti hardtail in the next month or so and can't find much on current Merlins.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I have a 2007 XLM and it's a really light fast hardtail. I am also wondering what is going on with Merlin. They need to step up their game to compete with Seven. I think the Merlin build quality is excellent, but the COMMUNICATION with the public NEEDS much WORK.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I decided to shell out for XLM frame, can't wait to start building it. I was considering a Seven frame but decided to use the extra dough I'd save on getting a Merlin for a set of wheels. Still no responses from Merlin on what's in store for their line up.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Cool, post some pics when you finish the build.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kramerrides
    I'd be interested in this as well. I'm looking to get a Ti hardtail in the next month or so and can't find much on current Merlins.
    The frame geometry is the same but the decals have changed. I posted the link to the 09 catalog in another thread but here it is again. I just got my XLM and it looks great.

http://www.americanbicyclegroup.com/...erlinSmall.pdf

banned
    ABG bought Merlin only to kill their competitor, so it's not unlike them to not really push them when Litespeed is their pinnacle brand.

Personally, the ABG quality control problems and CS scares me. Not only that, but the outrageous pricing.