mtbr member

Anyone Ridden the Sewanee?

Has anyone ridden the new Sewanee? if so, please enlighten me to your experience.

Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2004

I rode one

Got a chance to ride one at the dealer intro last fall. It is definately a sweet and light ride, but quite expensive. It would make the perfect cross country race bike or fast trail bike for the fineese type rider. The short travel isn't designed with freeriders in mind. I currently ride an Aluminum Niota and would get a Sewanee if I had the bucks. Too bad they don't make a less expensive aluminum version.

banned
    Apr 2004

Ti is over kill for FS

Quote Originally Posted by Hard Pack
    Got a chance to ride one at the dealer intro last fall. It is definately a sweet and light ride, but quite expensive. It would make the perfect cross country race bike or fast trail bike for the fineese type rider. The short travel isn't designed with freeriders in mind. I currently ride an Aluminum Niota and would get a Sewanee if I had the bucks. Too bad they don't make a less expensive aluminum version.
    it's a good thing for a HT but a for a full suspension frame aluminum is fine.

mtbr member

Ti is better

Thanks for the response. I have already ordered one and should see it in 2-3 weeks. As far as Aluminum being fine, you are correct that Al is a good material, However, I am replacing a Yeti ASR-SL frame that got damaged on the downtube from a rock that bounced up during a fast descent. I believe that a Ti frame would not have dented, or at least not to the point that it would need replacing. As someone who rides a Litespeed, you should know that a Ti frame offers several benefits over Al, whether it is Road, MTB, hardtail or soft. Funny how I have to replace my AL bikes every few years, but the Ti ones seem to last forever.