Mtbr's 2016 Winter Biking GearReviews and Roundups

FAT BIKES

WINTER APPAREL

TRAINERS

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Any help with a LItespeed Obed?

So I purchased my 3rd Obed after wishing I hadn't sold the 2nd.

As the price was good & I was going to rebuild it all with parts I had I didn't do that through of a PPI.

It had a Thomson post that had bonded to the frame. I've removed it but now there's a few more questions.

The post is 29.4. Both of my other Obed's were 27.2, my searches confirm this as being the correct size...totally at a loss...

Also, the bottom weld on the top tube seems to be jutting into (small indentation about the size of the weld bead) the interior of the seat tube.

There was a lot (enough to color change) of heat created with removing the seat tube so I'm wondering if this would/could be the cause of the weld issue...?

The 1st pic is 27.2 seat tube, others are for reference. Was sold as a 98 Obed & has a proper head tube badge.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
    I'm thinking a thermoplastic shim as the fix, potentially "modified" around the weld bulge. Have a 27.2 Syncros Ti post for it.

Mostly interested in any knowledge on the odd size seat post & whether the weld bulge is new or 17 years old.

Thanks - JL

Any help with a LItespeed Obed?-img_5839.jpgAny help with a LItespeed Obed?-img_5840.jpgAny help with a LItespeed Obed?-img_5842.jpgAny help with a LItespeed Obed?-img_5844.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Emailed Litespeed, they weren't any help (at least for me). Suggestion was to send it in to see what was going on. Didn't seem worth it to confirm it was a 29.4 seat tube. After I emailed back just asking for info it was crickets (not that I was expecting anything, just stating).

Anyone knowledgeable? Should be a custom build? Gonna try with Lynskey, perhaps someone there actually built it.

Anyway...btt