Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Scant abuse

All Mountain Obed

Sweet....
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nice bike indeed..!

I am planning to build up the Obed for next year with the Pace RC 40 fork.

How is the ride with your 120 mm fork?

Scant abuse
    The fork is 140mm set at 130mm and handles well!
    I have a Revelation 130mm on the way and will then put on my crossmax SLs so it should drop a pound

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    The fork is 140mm set at 130mm and handles well!
    I have a Revelation 130mm on the way and will then put on my crossmax SLs so it should drop a pound
    Great - thank's for the feedback. The PACE goes up to 130 mm. Should perform well therefore. I am planning to use the bike for marathon races.

What is your experience with the new RDS dropout system. Are the dropouts stiff enough -esp. at the disc brake side?

Scant abuse
    Quote Originally Posted by Napfgeist
    Great - thank's for the feedback. The PACE goes up to 130 mm. Should perform well therefore. I am planning to use the bike for marathon races.

What is your experience with the new RDS dropout system. Are the dropouts stiff enough -esp. at the disc brake side?
    I've only had one ride but was very happy (quite technical and agressive trail).
    I am sure it will make an excellent marathon racer the geo is very close to a santa cruz chameleon but made of Ti and a pound lighter! (My mate races his lizard very sucessfully in 12/24hrs..I use my Niner Air9...)

cheers

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I have an Obed myself. I love everything except how stiff the rear triangle is. Feels like Aluminum- great for climbing but painful on the downhills. Just out of curiosity what size stem are you running? I'm 6' 1" on a Large. Right now I'm running a 110mm, but I think I'm going to go down to a 90mm as the front end feels a bit slow.

Scant abuse
    Quote Originally Posted by CPS1
    I have an Obed myself. I love everything except how stiff the rear triangle is. Feels like Aluminum- great for climbing but painful on the downhills. Just out of curiosity what size stem are you running? I'm 6' 1" on a Large. Right now I'm running a 110mm, but I think I'm going to go down to a 90mm as the front end feels a bit slow.
    This is my first Ti frame just coming off a Chameleon so the rear end seems smooth to me I am running a 70mm stem (this bike is for fun only!) I am 6" neat and the Obed is a ML..

Cheers

mtbr member
    UK located Bikeradar says about the Obed:

The extra travel means you can push the bike hard, and the 73-degree seat angle means there's still plenty of grip for the front wheel. This changed the Obed from a stable cross-country racer to high-class trail hooligan. We hammered it on our favourite singletrack and charged through rock gardens that previously shook it senseless. The frame is easily stiff enough to handle the extra fork leverage without getting vague or losing control.

The flipside to this is that the back end takes no prisoners over rocks or roots, particularly at slow speeds. If you're expecting titanium comfort, this frame feels closer to an alloy hardcore hardtail at first, but things change noticeably when you inject some pace. The natural spring of the titanium gives an inspiringly muscular and floated ride that just begs you to give it the big ring, leave the brakes alone and fly. With loads of budget titanium hardtails offering classic titanium rides, Litespeed have moved up a gear to justify their position at the top of the pile.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Hmmm... from the above it looks like I'm not going fast enough. I used to have a ML (and liked it), but when I got out of the saddle, I felt a little cramped. I think I'm just between those two sizes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Hmmm... from the above it looks like I'm not going fast enough. I was thinking about a ML originally but when I tried it out at the store and got out of the saddle, I felt a little cramped. I think I'm just between those two sizes. The large feels a tad long though with a 110 stem... think I'll go pick up a shorter stem soon.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Hmmm... from the above it looks like I'm not going fast enough. I was thinking about a ML originally but when I tried it out at the store and got out of the saddle, I felt a little cramped. I think I'm just between those two sizes. The large feels a tad long though with a 110 stem... think I'll go pick up a shorter stem soon.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Whoa. Sorry about the triple post. My bad.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CPS1
    Whoa. Sorry about the triple post. My bad.
    No worries - Moderator can delete them.. if there is an Moderator for the Litespeed-Merlin forum? Hello?

Scant abuse
    Project complete......(are they ever)
    Have fitted the Revelations and SLs...Oh yeah and after the last couple of rides the chain has stretched enough to put a 33 on the front and lose the chain tensioner..I know that will cheer some up! (BTW the chain wasn't new)

r

Scant abuse
    continued....

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Im currently aquiring parts for my new OBED. I think I'll keep my Front Shock under 120 MM for now. Try larger later, like one of the older 130 mm Talas shocks.
    Last edited by Baldmonk; 11-26-2007 at 06:49 AM.

mtbr member
    @Richard: Is that headset King Ti?

Again, nice pics - thanks. I am on the way to purchase my Obed..

Scant abuse
    Quote Originally Posted by Napfgeist
    @Richard: Is that headset King Ti?

Again, nice pics - thanks. I am on the way to purchase my Obed..
    No the headsset is not Ti...but that's a very good idea!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I am considering a 29er ti bike. How do you like your Obed?

Scant abuse
    Quote Originally Posted by Hattori
    I am considering a 29er ti bike. How do you like your Obed?
    I am very happy with my Obed...the only thing the Obed 29er and the 26" Obed have in common though is the name,material and the manufacturer.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    hello, I'm considering buying a Litespeed OBED. But I have a doubt: in the website the decals are black, but in the user's bike pictures I see them in grey...(much better).

How about the upper chainstay? the pictures posted here are different from the ones I see on the website.

THanks

Scant abuse
    Quote Originally Posted by ray bonga
    hello, I'm considering buying a Litespeed OBED. But I have a doubt: in the website the decals are black, but in the user's bike pictures I see them in grey...(much better).

How about the upper chainstay? the pictures posted here are different from the ones I see on the website.

THanks
    And your question was??
    Decals are closer to green.
    What about the upper chainstay?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    hello, in different pictures I've seen the upper chainstay appears in different positions. I've seen it welded above the upper top tube and bellow. Does this diference relate to frame sizes? thanks

Scant abuse
    hello, in different pictures I've seen the upper chainstay appears in different positions. I've seen it welded above the upper top tube and bellow. Does this diference relate to frame sizes? thanks
    Yeah I think it does!..mine is a size: ML

cheers!

mtbr member

THanks
    I just received mine.. frankly speaking the decals are not that quality/type I experienced from my previous Litespeed frames - quite surpising to me that they changed. For 2007 they are grey, for 2008 black. I may change them - when they come off from the dirt.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast