mtbr member
    Jan 2007

2007 Niota Ti using Al rear triangle?

Is it my imagination or is the rear triangle of the 2007 Niota Ti (as pictured on the Litespeed website) now a grey anodized aluminum instead of a matching polished titanium?
    The 2007 rear triangle looks more like an anodized version of the rear triangle on the 2006/2005 Niota Al than the titanium one the 2006/2005 Niota Ti (the differences are readily apparent in the pictures detailing the rear drop outs).
    Unfortunately the text on the website doesn't specify any details about the rear triangle.
    Does anyone know definitively if Litespeed has downgraded the rear triangle on their flagship ATB? Thanks.

"scared shitless"
    looks exactly like the rear triangle of my niota AL! maybe litespeed wanted to increase stiffness by replacing ti with aluminium (the weight penalty should be minimal) ?

German dude
    We did indeed switch to an aluminum rear end for the 2007 Niota Ti as we heard consumers asking for a more affordable Niota Ti. The machining cost of the rear end is very expensive and by substituting the ti rear end for the aluminum rear end we were able to offer the Niota Ti in 2007 at a much more attractive price.

2006 frame pricing all titanium: $3,999.-
    2007 frame pricing with AL rear end: $2,800.-

Cheers,

Herbert

Litespeed
    www.litespeed.com
    The Litespeed blog

Quote Originally Posted by hmwallbanger
    Is it my imagination or is the rear triangle of the 2007 Niota Ti (as pictured on the Litespeed website) now a grey anodized aluminum instead of a matching polished titanium?
    The 2007 rear triangle looks more like an anodized version of the rear triangle on the 2006/2005 Niota Al than the titanium one the 2006/2005 Niota Ti (the differences are readily apparent in the pictures detailing the rear drop outs).
    Unfortunately the text on the website doesn't specify any details about the rear triangle.
    Does anyone know definitively if Litespeed has downgraded the rear triangle on their flagship ATB? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Interesting... I understand Litespeed's Al frames have only a 3 yr warranty while Ti frames have a lifetime warranty, so will the '07 Niota Ti have separate warrantees for the rear triangle and the main frame? Thanks!

German dude
    Quote Originally Posted by hmwallbanger
    Interesting... I understand Litespeed's Al frames have only a 3 yr warranty while Ti frames have a lifetime warranty, so will the '07 Niota Ti have separate warrantees for the rear triangle and the main frame? Thanks!

You are correct indeed seperate warranties for the front and rear triangle.

Cheers,

Herbert

Litespeed
    www.litespeed.com
    The Litespeed blog