MT rider
    Jan 2004

New question here. 2006 Litespeed Pisgah

Thinking about an '06 Pisgah. What do you guys think? Is it worth its $$$? Unbiased opinions from experience are appreciated. What's the main difference between a Merlin and a Litespeed in terms of quality/craftsmanship? And between the L/S Pisgah and a Merlin MR? (both 3Al/25V titanium)

Just for the sake of curiosity, do Merlin & Litespeed source same tubesets etc.(since Litespeed owns Merlin) ?

Thx
    Last edited by Mervyn_b; 01-06-2006 at 10:31 AM.

banned
    Apr 2004

My 01 Pisgah is the best bike I've ever owned

Quote Originally Posted by Mervyn_b
    Thinking about an '06 Pisgah. What do you guys think? Is it worth its $$$? Unbiased opinions from experience are appreciated. What's the main difference between a Merlin and a Litespeed in terms of quality/craftsmanship? And between the L/S Pisgah and a Merlin MR? (both 3Al/25V titanium)

Just for the sake of curiosity, do Merlin & Litespeed source same tubesets etc.(since Litespeed owns Merlin) ?

Thx
    and I've had a lot of MTB bikes, the geometry is perfect for climbing and inspires confidence on the downhills, in fact, if I ever was to get a custom frame made it would be an exact copie of the my 16.5 Pisgah diminsions.

Plus it's light weight and classic looking.

mtbr member
    You could get a custom build for less. If you want more bike for th $$$$ then take a look at DEAN, DESALVO, KISH and CARL STRONG.

MT rider
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 20_bandh
    You could get a custom build for less. If you want more bike for th $$$$ then take a look at DEAN, DESALVO, KISH and CARL STRONG.
    First of all, I'm not referring to this bike as complete - just frame only. Since I don't live in the US/Canada, I can't get hold of custom frames, especially at a cheaper price. I will be getting this frame as a mail-order from a foreign European country.

mtbr member
    Mervyn, Im based in Germany and I had no probs getting a custom rig. What are you worried about, right now if you are in europe you are better off ! The USD is very weak against the EURO at the moment and also shipping doesnt cost the earth. Buying a Litespeed frame in Europe will cost you about 500€ more than if you sourced one from the US and paid in $$$$$$ . Europe is generally much more expensive than the US. Look into it and youll see that I am right !! Custom is the way to go !!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I also own a 01 Pisgah and agree it is an awesome ride. It took me a while to get the seat height dialed in but now I can climb just about anything.

MT rider
    Jan 2004

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 20_bandh
    Mervyn, Im based in Germany and I had no probs getting a custom rig. What are you worried about, right now if you are in europe you are better off ! The USD is very weak against the EURO at the moment and also shipping doesnt cost the earth. Buying a Litespeed frame in Europe will cost you about 500€ more than if you sourced one from the US and paid in $$$$$$ . Europe is generally much more expensive than the US. Look into it and youll see that I am right !! Custom is the way to go !!
    That's right, think I'd opt to a DeKerf or IF Ti Deluxe.