mtbr member

New question here. 2000 Owl Hollow Suspension Correction

Hey Forum People,
    Just wondering if anyone else here owns a 2000 or later Litespeed Owl Hollow hardtail. I'm considering replacing the 2000 Rockshox Side XC it came with and getting one with a remote lockout option such as the 2004 Rockshox Sid Team. However, I have a concern with the suspension correction in that my current fork, the shreader valve cover is quite "short"/small and unobtrusive compared with today's more modern shocks, which stick out "tall" quite profusely. I'm aware that my Litespeed is corrected for 80mm travel shocks, but is it corrected for the "taller" knobs (i.e., like the lockout adjuster or preload adjuster) found on the today's shocks.
    In a nutshell, when I turn my handle bars completely to the left or right, I notice there is very little space/clearance between the schraeder valve knobs on the shock crown and the downtube. So, if I upgrade my shock with one that has a Lockout or "taller" preload adjuster, will it hit the downtube (such as in a crash) and dent/scratch the frame?
    Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. Take care.

banned
    Apr 2004

Why not a Sid race?

Quote Originally Posted by EsHan13
    Hey Forum People,
    Just wondering if anyone else here owns a 2000 or later Litespeed Owl Hollow hardtail. I'm considering replacing the 2000 Rockshox Side XC it came with and getting one with a remote lockout option such as the 2004 Rockshox Sid Team. However, I have a concern with the suspension correction in that my current fork, the shreader valve cover is quite "short"/small and unobtrusive compared with today's more modern shocks, which stick out "tall" quite profusely. I'm aware that my Litespeed is corrected for 80mm travel shocks, but is it corrected for the "taller" knobs (i.e., like the lockout adjuster or preload adjuster) found on the today's shocks.
    In a nutshell, when I turn my handle bars completely to the left or right, I notice there is very little space/clearance between the schraeder valve knobs on the shock crown and the downtube. So, if I upgrade my shock with one that has a Lockout or "taller" preload adjuster, will it hit the downtube (such as in a crash) and dent/scratch the frame?
    Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. Take care.
    Cheaper lighter simpler.