DBR
    Be Present.

1999 Litespeed Obed - Weld disc brake tabs?

Is this possible? Can I send it in to Litespeed?

Does anyone know how much this operation could cost?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Dear DBR...I had the same problem as I have an OBED 1996.
    I believe that the cost isnt worthwile because I had a contact and sent an inquiry to the Litespeed people.
    At that time (around a year and half ago) they offered me a new frame and mentioned that welding would be expensive (I dont remember how much).
    So I began searching alternatives and found "A2Z" disc brake adaptor. I bought one and assembled it on my Obed.
    You can reach it at Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Brake-Mount-Ta...dp/B002R3D9EC).
    Its not a "marvelous" thing, but its cheaper than a new frame or a titaniun welding.
    If you need any picture or my bike with the adpator, please ask.
    Brsgds,
    Ronaldo.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I think retrofitting disc tabs on a 99 obed would be badass.
    If litespeed cant do it economically then maybe there is someone local to you that can.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 3snowboards
    I think retrofitting disc tabs on a 99 obed would be badass.
    If litespeed cant do it economically then maybe there is someone local to you that can.
    My guess is a mass production manufacture won't be able to accommodate this request. Boutique frame builders should, a local to us here is Steve Potts, he can do restorations as well as upgrading frames to accommodate discs. IIRC Litespeed also makes (or made) a bolt on adapter kit for ~$100. Only problem is I believe it is only applicable to 2000 and newer with the adapter holes already drilled in the left dropout. You may wish to verify.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I asked the same about my Ocoee and Litespeed said they don't weld them on anymore but instead have bolt ons:

http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr....0.0.0.0?pp=8&

I think I'll keep this one 'retro' with some ceramic Mavics....