mtbr member

Your light collections

Well being as so many of us have an issue with collecting more light heads than we need, and im "new" to this compared to many, im interested to see everyone's full (ones that are still functional/useable) collection of light heads. This includes the guys that have made/bought custom heads (like Vanciker)

I'll start with where my collection sits at the moment:

In order right to left:

Bt40

Kd2 (yinding clone)

Solarstorm x3

Solarstorm x2 (haven't messed with this one yet)

Mj880 clone

Black NW yinding

Blue updated version NW yinding.

I did forget my kd Angeleye that is on my commuter, that too.

Except ss x2 all are NW light heads (came that way or i changed them to 3c tint emitters).
    Last edited by tigris99; 05-17-2015 at 10:13 PM.
    Trek Marlin 29er

Like It, Love It, Want Some More Of It!

mtbr member
    Fenix
    Bc30
    Bt20
    Btr20
    Bt30

Magicshine
    Mj858
    Eagle 600
    Mj808

My tiny sun
    Folkslight
    3600pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Your light collections-dsc00224.jpg

Row 1) Moon 780 - Gemini Olympia - Yinding - Xeccon Spiker 1211 - Gemini Olympia - Light & Motion Taz 1500

Row 2) Magicshine 808 - Gloworm XS - Gemini Duo - Gloworm X2 V3.1 - Gemini Xera

Row 3) Gemini Titan - Gemini Titan

Took me about 30 min. to get everything set up like this but it looks cool (IMO)..
    Mole

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    As you can imagine, I have a few Yindings and a CW and NW SolarStorm X3 and XT40

mtbr member
    Omg lol you like your Gemini lights, and I was going to ask (before finishing reading) if you did that just for the pic.

Now I want to see you power them all up at once . Ive only mounted my x3, 880 clone and bt40 on the bars all at once (last night). Definitely not as cool and as insane as yours.

Trek Marlin 29er

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hmm I keep them at my store mostly aside from a few in the car at all times but off the top of my head...

Magicshine:
    Mj808
    Mj816
    Mj872

Gemini -
    Olympia
    Titan p7
    Titan xm-l

Gloworm
    X2
    XS

Other:
    Nitefighter bt40
    Yinding
    3x KD2's
    Oxyled mj880 clone
    Securitying mj880 clone
    Unique fire hd-016

Xeccon and magicshine tails

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    Omg lol you like your Gemini lights, and I was going to ask (before finishing reading) if you did that just for the pic.

Now I want to see you power them all up at once . Ive only mounted my x3, 880 clone and bt40 on the bars all at once (last night). Definitely not as cool and as insane as yours.

Three reasons I can think of why I ended up with so many Gemini lights: 1) They where the first that I know of that came with easily programmable power levels. 2) I've never had any failures with any of my Gemini Products. 3) Action-LED-Lights - I can't imagine ever finding a better vendor to deal with. I don't think Jim can provide me with a proper battery to run my pictured set-up though. Maybe I need to contact Huck Lee about a 30 cell battery and custom 11 prong y-cable (2 of the lights are self contained).
    Mole

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOLE View Post
    Three reasons I can think of why I ended up with so many Gemini lights: 1) They where the first that I know of that came with easily programmable power levels. 2) I've never had any failures with any of my Gemini Products. 3) Action-LED-Lights - I can't imagine ever finding a better vendor to deal with. I don't think Jim can provide me with a proper battery to run my pictured set-up though. Maybe I need to contact Huck Lee about a 30 cell battery and custom 11 prong y-cable (2 of the lights are self contained).
    Mole
    Jim is the man!

mtbr member
    How about listing these best to worst?
    AKA: G-wat

mtbr member
    Cause that's not the point here, each has its place and purpose. So what might "suck" for one person, may be anothers dream light. And like solarstorm lights and yindings, each retailer has their own version, some suck, some are ok, and some are great. GJHS put a lot of work into getting some of these made into "great lights".

And comparing brand name to Chinese lights is "unfair" and dependant on a persons opinion.
    Trek Marlin 29er

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    There are enough lights out there to feed the need! MRMOLE can we get some beamshots of that set up?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Tigris said....

Picture 1: Microlight, ~600 lumen. 26 gram helmet light.
    Picture 2: Mongo Bar Light, ~1300 lumen. Built like a tank. First CNC'd housing.
    Picture 3: Microlight, 2 ~600 lumen. 26 gram helmet light with way better beam than its predecessor.
    Picture 4: Mini Bar Light ~650 lumen.
    Picture 5: 6 Up Bar Light ~1800 lumen. Current favorite bar light. XPG emitters at 1.2A
    Picture 6: Duo Killer ~1800 lumen neutral white. Current favorite helmet light. XML emitters at 3.5A
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your light collections-p1020111.jpg  

Your light collections-p1020197.jpg  

Your light collections-new-microlight-16.jpg  

Your light collections-5cell_011.jpg  

Your light collections-dscn0558.jpg  

Your light collections-dscn1065.jpg  

GoPro adapters for bike lights http://www.pacifier.com/~kevinb/index.html

mtbr member
    Vanc you make some sick lights man!!!

Ok my solarstorm x2 I attacked last night. If it wasn't free I would have seriously complain about how crappy it was (was cheap version not gearbest version)

But now its add to collection of lights, converted to optics and is my commuter light now (angel eye crapped out for some unknown reason but I wont replace it, never even rode with it)
    Trek Marlin 29er

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOLE View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00224.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	172.5 KB 
ID:	989105

Row 1) Moon 780 - Gemini Olympia - Yinding - Xeccon Spiker 1211 - Gemini Olympia - Light & Motion Taz 1500

Row 2) Magicshine 808 - Gloworm XS - Gemini Duo - Gloworm X2 V3.1 - Gemini Xera

Row 3) Gemini Titan - Gemini Titan

Took me about 30 min. to get everything set up like this but it looks cool (IMO)..
    Mole
    Please tell me you turned them all on after getting it set up.

No "backyard pic" in full burn?
    Yeti ASR-5
    Niner One9

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    MRmole what is the lens on that second Olympia?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinGT View Post
    Please tell me you turned them all on after getting it set up.

No "backyard pic" in full burn?
    Sorry, I already took it apart. I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to resist the temptation but while I have 6 batteries I only have 1 y-cable so lack of power sources made it impossible.
    Mole

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeer View Post
    MRmole what is the lens on that second Olympia?
    It's just a standard 808 wide angle lens that Action-LED-Lights sells. The raised/elliptical part of the lens fits perfectly inside the front of the bezel on the Olympia and I bonded it to the bezel with a few dots of super glue.
    Mole

Give'er!
    I have 3 lights; a fenix headlamp which doesn't really count, an M-J880 XM L2 mounted on the bike and a Lumintrail TB-1000 mounted to the helmet via the super's gopro mount and a bracket I carved from a piece of 1/2" steel square stock.

The 880 reminds me of those little robots from "Batteries Not Included."

mtbr member
    Finally setup my lights for a photo. I added a few flashlights in the background too. I did not include battery packs, just cell holders.

(Link to image)

All budget lights (and a couple are really budget junk). From left to right:

First row: KD2 (still a work in progress), 4.2v driver beside with my 18ga short power leads, Yinding, Nitefighter BT40s, Ebay MJ-872 clone, SolarStorm X3, "Angel Eye", GearBest Triple XM-L2, typical 3-mode MS-808E clone, 4-mode MS-808E clone.

Second Row: Cheap Ebay self-contained bar light with aluminum clamp (internal wiring ripped off driver during initial inspection, never fixed it), Original Pannova Battery Case, 2 SolarStorm Battery Cases (only 1 modded), 2 Fenix Battery Cases, a cheap Ebay Convertible Helmet/Bar Light with cheap bar clamp (2 x 18650's in parallel, reflector is OP toward the inside and SMO on the outer portion).

Third Row: Zeusray single XM-L2 direct-drive on high wide zooming single 18650 light, original old SkyRay King (3x XM-L's & 4x18650's - about 6.5A on high), Courui (monster thrower - modded with XM-L2 U3 1A dedomed on a Maxtoch 31.5mm copper pcb, and driver resistor modded for near direct-drive performance, running on 3x 4.35v LG 18650's in parallel - tigris99, this is one light you need to get and mod!), Small Sun ZY-T08 single XM-L and 2x 18650's in parallel, and finally my modded single XM-L2 NW "mule" headlamp - my most used light besides my EDC Convoy S2.

Missing are my 2 Convoy M1's built for helmet duty (one XP-G2, one XM-L2, and my HD-016 (which a BLF user has for modding, and I hear is nearly complete). pics of those:

HD-016 (red) next to my KD2:

-Garry

mtbr member
    Alright I made a "MR. MOLE" inspired pic. See mole, wide bars = more room

Blue yinding on lid (ran out of gopro mounts for the bars)

Ss x2, SS x3, bt40s, KD mj880 clone, ss x3 KD 2 with shield for commuting use

Bt21, bt21, black yinding.
    Last edited by tigris99; 06-13-2015 at 02:13 PM.
    Trek Marlin 29er

mtbr member
    Take a ride through town and see how many looks you get! Nice collection!

-Garry

mtbr member
    I dont have near enough batteries and no y cables. I dont think anyway... 2 ss cases, 2 fenix cases, bt21 pack, mj880 clone case and one cheap pack.....

Uh oh...7 of them could have power hehe. Only because of my collection of china cells . Only have good cells (not counting bt21 pack) for the mj880 case and fenix cases.
    Trek Marlin 29er

mtbr member
    And another bt21 on the way
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking

mtbr member
    That's what I need a box just to store and organize my lights and batteries lol.

I wonder is my 808 clone that's in pieces still works.... Lol. I forgot about it till I saw your selection of them.
    Trek Marlin 29er