mtbr member

Xeccon sogn 900 dual XML 1300L

http://youtu.be/12g09w9kmUk

Supplied by xeccon for review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

mtbr member
    Hi spankone. Thanks for the review. It went a lot better than I expected really. Was expecting a bit of a savaging considering your concerns about certain issues with UI etc. They are all valid points and will be addressed. Product evolution happens at Xeccon, I assure you.

Independent lumen readings for all modes will be good. I have not ran this idea with SW but my suggestion is contact him. See if he's willing to do some sphere test and get you independent numbers. We will compile readings we get from Xeccon when they come back. Or, if you know someone who can sneak into HopeTech or anybody with a sphere, please do so.

I do have one question for you. What camera do you use and what settings? Was wondering why there's this greenish ring around the outer edges of the hotpots?
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    iv been looking for a bar light & the sogn 900 looks the go, but whould like to know what the light head weight is

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by mtbRevolution View Post
    Hi spankone. Thanks for the review. It went a lot better than I expected really. Was expecting a bit of a savaging considering your concerns about certain issues with UI etc. They are all valid points and will be addressed. Product evolution happens at Xeccon, I assure you.

Independent lumen readings for all modes will be good. I have not ran this idea with SW but my suggestion is contact him. See if he's willing to do some sphere test and get you independent numbers. We will compile readings we get from Xeccon when they come back. Or, if you know someone who can sneak into HopeTech or anybody with a sphere, please do so.

I do have one question for you. What camera do you use and what settings? Was wondering why there's this greenish ring around the outer edges of the hotpots?
    Ha to be honest its won me over theres far more to like than hate. And seeing the information improve on the website was a big help.

My camera is a panasonic ft2 waterproof compact. Its not really up to the job of doing beam shots. Ive tried to set It up to mtbr review standards but because my camera has limited ability I couldn't. But it shows the beam and brightness reasonably but now you mention it, it is a little off colour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzi View Post
    iv been looking for a bar light & the sogn 900 looks the go, but whould like to know what the light head weight is
    220grams buy my scale including the remote switch.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Xeccon sogn 900 dual XML 1300L-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1380980021.024944.jpg  

mtbr member
    Thanks for the review.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by spankone View Post

I have 218g on my Soehnle scale. Salter is accurate too. Weight breakdown is 126g for light head, 30g for remote, 43g for alloy camlock and the rest is cable + 1 securing screw.
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Chunky little bugger!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    Chunky little bugger!
    I dont think its to bad considering that includes loads of cable and an extra switch my fenix bt20 (single Led) for example is around 120grams and that's not got the extra switch or the aluminium clamp of the xeccon

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I dont think its to bad considering that includes loads of cable and an extra switch my fenix bt20 (single Led) for example is around 120grams and that's not got the extra switch or the aluminium clamp of the xeccon
    Chunky is relative for sure.

The cam type mount adds a big chunk, but that is not unusual. These are not "XTR" level lights and aren't priced like that. Still seems pretty weighty for a dual XML with ~20mm optics. I would think that a bit more judicious design work and manufacturing could get that light head down to 100 grams without a big price hit. Though not a commercial product my dual XML helmet light weighs 65g with remote and mount. That's going to be tough to mass produce and sell for the price these do, but does show what can be done.