mtbr member

Xeccon Link Light---Magnetic charing system

Hi All,

Xeccon released a new light, Xeccon Link, a built-in battery pack system light, I would like to share it with you all .

Spec:
    LED: Cree XM-L
    Max Output: 300 Lumens
    Running time: 1.7~18hrs
    Mode: High>Low>Light Sensing>OFF
    Battery: 4.2V 1000mah Li-ion battery
    System Weight: 58g
    Magnetic USB Rechargeable
    Waterproof Standard: IPX7, Underwater for 2 Meters

Xeccon Link Light---Magnetic charing system-xeccon-link_1.jpg

Name meaning: Hope Xeccon Link can link the world, link you, him and me.
    Design meaning: A boat shape, a Chinese meaning that trust and friendship, working closely and sharing the happiness and woe together, we are in the same boat.

Features:
    1. Magnetic charging system
    The first time that we use the Magnetic charging system on a bike light, to insure another level of waterproof for USB rechargeable light, up to IPX7, which make the light can be underwater 2 meters. The traditional USB rechargeable only can be water-resist, big move.
    2. Light sensing
    Xeccon still use the function of light sensing on the Xeccon Link to make it more humanized to save more powerful to change the brightness automatically according to the sunlight, also, we did some update for the light sensing technical to make a built-in light sensors like auto.
    3. Safety key lock
    According a lot of Xeccon customers’ support and suggestion, Xeccon finally import the Key Lock function to the light to avoid wrong operation when riding and safety in transit and stock.
    4. Fast removable mount
    To keep it from stealing, we improve a fast removable mount for the Xeccon Link, user can take the light head from the mount easily and carry it with you or carry it to your office for a charging.
    5. Updates
    Xeccon is using the double protection of charging system effectively to protect the life span of the light system.
    New Cooling system to insure it still is touchable when it is burning on.
    New reflector cup design system improved the efficiency of the brightness.
    Xeccon: Stay Safe, Stay Ahead

mtbr member
    Will it cook sausages?
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

mtbr member
    If you wanna, yes, it will, but it would take you about a year to boil your sausages.
    Do you want to have a try?
    Quote Originally Posted by znomit View Post
    Will it cook sausages?

mtbr member
    Really nice looking little light. Should compete with the Cateye Nano shot very well. Should make a good commuting light. No mention was made of the output of the low mode(?)....Someone might have to explain to me why the design engineers at Xeccon seemed to be fixated with "light sensors". I would of been more impressed with a simple usable "flash mode".

I consider 300 lumen the minimum output I would use for riding on the road. In this it beats the single emitter Nano shot. Personally I like to see a future version with either stepless dimming or a 3-mode steady UI. Don't forget the *flash mode
    ( *not a fast seizure inducing strobe but a nice slow steady flash or pulse flash )

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by XecconLight View Post
    The first time that we use the Magnetic charging system on a bike light, to insure another level of waterproof for USB rechargeable light, up to IPX7, which make the light can be underwater 2 meters. The traditional USB rechargeable only can be water-resist, big move.
    Could you please give more detailed information? What that "magnetic charging system" actually means? Electromagnetic inductive charger without exposed contacts, or proprietary connector with strong magnet holding the charger's cable in place?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I think it's nice light, but 300 is way too low for a 2014 light. Hopefully it's on the cheap side

mtbr member
    Hi Cat-man-do,

Yes, it is a light for commuters, the light has the flash mode, we didn't forget about it, according to users' feedback, we make it a hidden mode.
    I feel the same way that our engineers are obsessed with the light sensors
    The low mode is about 70 Lumen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    Really nice looking little light. Should compete with the Cateye Nano shot very well. Should make a good commuting light. No mention was made of the output of the low mode(?)....Someone might have to explain to me why the design engineers at Xeccon seemed to be fixated with "light sensors". I would of been more impressed with a simple usable "flash mode".

I consider 300 lumen the minimum output I would use for riding on the road. In this it beats the single emitter Nano shot. Personally I like to see a future version with either stepless dimming or a 3-mode steady UI. Don't forget the *flash mode
    ( *not a fast seizure inducing strobe but a nice slow steady flash or pulse flash )

mtbr member
    Thanks, the price will surprise you, it will be on the cheap side.

Quote Originally Posted by varider View Post
    I think it's nice light, but 300 is way too low for a 2014 light. Hopefully it's on the cheap side

mtbr member
    Sure, it is proprietary connector with strong magnet holding the charger's cable in place, similar to the APPLE notebook's charging system.

Quote Originally Posted by -Archie- View Post
    Could you please give more detailed information? What that "magnetic charging system" actually means? Electromagnetic inductive charger without exposed contacts, or proprietary connector with strong magnet holding the charger's cable in place?

mtbr member
    Sure, it is proprietary connector with strong magnet holding the charger's cable in place, similar to the APPLE notebook's charging system.
    The way I look at it there is a plus and minus side to inductive charging; The plus ( as you mentioned ) is that that the lamp has no portal for water to get into. The minus is that you don't get the convenience of USB charging which is pretty much available almost everywhere ( Computers, car USB adapters, cell phone ( external ) battery USB chargers ). Personally I don't worry too much about water getting into a USB port. I'd rather like being able to charge the lamp at work ( or in my car ) with just a USB cable or adapter. Now if the inductive chargers are compact and inexpensive that could work as well.

BTW, I looked on your site and I don't see it listed yet.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    The minus is that you don't get the convenience of USB charging which is pretty much available almost everywhere ( Computers, car USB adapters, cell phone ( external ) battery USB chargers ).
    True, but not in this case. Proprietary connector means, that it is not actually USB-rechargeable device: you'll have to carry special non-standard cable with light to be able to connect it to the USB charger or computer...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by -Archie- View Post
    True, but not in this case. Proprietary connector means, that it is not actually USB-rechargeable device: you'll have to carry special non-standard cable with light to be able to connect it to the USB charger or computer...
    Unsurprisingly you nailed it. Link's cable has proprietary waterproof USB connector on one side and standard USB on the other which you can connect to USB charger, laptop etc. It can also be charged with the new Orion battery.
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    Looking at the USB connector on my 300R I want to start to cringe. It hasn't failed yet. Although its been in heavy rain, it hasn't been in those conditions extensively even with the rubber seal flapping in the wind like it always ends up doing.

If there are *better* solutions to USB I'm definitely open to it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Thanks, the price will surprise you, it will be on the cheap side.
    That's good!

How about the batteries for this thing? Will you offer a replacement service in three years when the capacity of the battery is degraded? How much will this cost? Or does it use a standard size battery, e.g. 18650, that is available from many places?