mtbr member

Xeccon 1211 plus 900 review

I went for my first ride on these lights tonight. The 1211 spiker and the 900. These lights are really nice. Solid aluminum. Never over heated and it was right at 100 at the start of the ride. Stayed around 80 for most of the ride. The 900 on low provides decent light medium And high are very close to each other and completely light up Everything. The only need for the helmet light was to look where the bike was not pointing. I rode for about 2.5 hours in the dark, I left the light on high 90% of the ride. Towards the end of the ride the indicator went from green to blue. I think that means I've used 1/3 of the battery. the mounting bracket for the light head is also made out of aluminum. With ruber bushings / bumpers that are fitted in the clamp to protect the handle bar. The light never moved from where I put it. The large battery fit in my water bottle holder nicely and has a large velcro strap to secure it. I stoped by Lowe's and picked up some velcro cable straps.. 50 for $3 on a roll. I like my wiring tidy. The helmet light complemented this light well. I picked the 1211 mostly for the lager capacity battery. For a helmet light it has 4 cells, which from looking around is not common. At first I thought the extra weight would bother me, but once I was riding I never noticed it. I ran the 1211 on high the whole ride and the indicator was still green at the end of the ride. I'm very happy with these lights as of today. Im going for another night ride tomorrow and I'm hoping to be out longer. Here are some more pics of the setup. just an FYI. I order these on Saturday morning and I had them by 2 pm Tuesday. Leanord kept me informed the whole way. Very impressed. Xeccon D2D Elite - Hi-Performance Racing

mtbr member
    It amazes me that anyone can ride with a 4-cell battery on the helmet. I can't even ride with a 2-cell on the helmet and not notice the weight. The only way for me to go wireless is with a single cell torch.

mtbr member
    I have an a1 helmet and once you tighten the rachet in the back so the helmet is snug and I don't notice it at all. Did a 20 miles ride with down hill lots of climbing and single track. No problem. I am larger than the average. 215 6'4" so maybe that is part of it also.

mtbr member
    I haven't tried a 4 cell in the lid but 2 cell in the fenix case and a light I dont even notice anymore. I did at first but now during daytime riding I question if I forgot my helmet cause its "so light" compared to at night. But don't notice my light/battery at all anymore.

Im 6'1 270lbs so not small (especially in the mid section still, trying to get rid of it but slow process).
    Trek Marlin 29er

Like It, Love It, Want Some More Of It!

mtbr member
    If you have a strong neck and one of the newer helmets that extend down the back of the neck it probably makes a big difference. My helmet is very old. So old that I had to mod the inside because many of the pads have worn away. The only reason I keep using it is because it is the perfect torch helmet. Other than that I'm sure if I had a newer helmet I might be able to buy one that is not only more comfortable but useable with a 2-cell battery on the helmet.

mtbr member
    Ya I use a bell stoker just for that reason, full rear coverage but round not a bunch of funky shaped vents. And does great at keeping sweat outta my face from my head. If youve seen the pics, I have my pack as low as I can on the back. Only cause I didn't want the weight up high, but ya probably overall helps alot with that. But fenix case weight is almost that of another 2 cells, so I could probably runs 4 cell there is I wanted to.
    Trek Marlin 29er

mtbr member
    Just got back from another night ride. This is my second with these lights. Worked just as expected. No issues. 2 hours with both lights on high the whole time. About 10 min before I was done the indicator turned blue. So i had a lot of time left. Hopefully during the week I will have time to just leave them on till the red indicator comes on. I will post with the results.

mtbr member
    Xeccon definaely makes some great lights. And they "over build" their lights a little just to make sure they can handle the heat. They are an Australian company, so they know the heat well. Only thing Im not liking is the bar light beam pattern. Not a big fan of a big spot on the trail up close anymore. I used to ride like that, but when the spot is only barely noticeable but the hole area the light emits to is well it, so much easier on my eyes. Spoiled on optics now, nothing wrong with reflector set ups, just not my thing. If xeccon builds a sogn with optics, I may have to buy one just to have it, too nice to ignore and price is much better than anything but magicshine.
    Trek Marlin 29er

mtbr member
    I don't have a lot of experience with different lights. But I find the 900 on the bar aimed level down the trail, im not seeing a spot type light. It just lights everything up evenly. The head lamp is definitely a spot. I try to keep that aimed up so I don't get the bright reflection when I'm climbing. I think the 2 lights compliment each other nicely. The 900 is lighting up everything, the head 1211 is being a spot just at the very tip of where the 900 ends. Then where ever I move my head it lights up more. I have noticed just how cool white these lights are. The cars on the short section of road I was on last night looked so yellow compared to my lights it was amazing. I was using a night rider 400 on My bars Before. That light was yellow also but definitely a spot light. It only lighted up directly to the front of the bike. Now I can see an entire 8 foot fire road with just the 900. With a little extra to the sides.

mtbr member
    Just a quick correction; Xeccon is a Chinese company and the lamps are made in China. MTBrevolution is the vender that sells the Xeccon products to us and is based in Australia.
    The bar lights do not provide an overly narrow beam pattern. They are typical beam patterns designed for bar use. Than again this is just my opinion.

mtbr member
    Well ya, I know they are made in china and such (been talking to Leonard) but the feeling I got was the brand was started in part to Mtbrevolution. They seemed way to "cohesive" with xeccon in China and US not to be one entity.

I agree the pattern has been pretty typical, but that of optics these days have me spoiled. Smooth and wide spread light pattern I do find really nice. More we discuss this the more I really want to get one, their bar lights just have a slick look to them that's rather unique.
    Trek Marlin 29er

mtbr member
    Just a follow up to my review. I've been using these lights about 3 to 4 nights a month since I purchased them. For an average of 5 hour ride each time. These lights have performed flawlessly. I ran into a tree at about 15 mph strait into my stem saturday night. Head on into my light head. Ripped the wires out of the light head. Just finished fixing the light. Other than severing the wires coming out of the light head and poping a wire off of one imiter the unit held up great. A little solder work and the are good as new. I was really expecting to see my light in peaces when I came to a stop. Here is the tree? The green fish imprint is from my light head I am very impressed by how solid these lights are..