mtbr member

Wilma 5 run time

Lupine claims the Wilma 5 will run 3 hrs on high (17W). I've searched around but have not found to much information especially on the new Cree XPG 1100 lumen version.

Any Wilma 5 owners have better "real world" run-time estimates? I know it will vary depending on temp, etc. So what are you getting on high in the summer and winter months?

Many thanks,

elgordo

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    I have a few customers riding Wilma's with 4.5 AH batteries, in the cold, and they are getting two rides of an hour plus without trouble. I'd venture to guess the extra .5AH will only help bring up the burn time....

And if you're really needing the run time and will have issues if it fails to meet that goal, the Nano battery makes for a cheap insurance policy.

I also find that careful usage, IE, kicking to low when stopped trailside, and only using the high beam when it's really needed, all make for way more burn time. Kinda like hyper mileing in a TDI or Hybrid, sure, they say you get 45mpg, but used carefully to the point of nausea, folks can get in excess of 100+ mpg.....
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith
    I have a few customers riding Wilma's with 4.5 AH batteries, in the cold, and they are getting two rides of an hour plus without trouble. I'd venture to guess the extra .5AH will only help bring up the burn time....

And if you're really needing the run time and will have issues if it fails to meet that goal, the Nano battery makes for a cheap insurance policy.

I also find that careful usage, IE, kicking to low when stopped trailside, and only using the high beam when it's really needed, all make for way more burn time. Kinda like hyper mileing in a TDI or Hybrid, sure, they say you get 45mpg, but used carefully to the point of nausea, folks can get in excess of 100+ mpg.....

Thanks Craig Throw'in around the idea and thought I'd see if lupines run time estimate are accurate. The math suggests Lupine is being a bit generous with there run time so I was interested to see what the pep's had to say.

Hope all is well up there in Mendon! Skiing I presume

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by elgordo
    Thanks Craig
    No worries. According to Todd @ Gretna, he finds the run times to exceed suggested. I'll assume that's in optimal conditions, but I've never felt I was getting cheated on run time, and that's with days+ of rest between runs too, which should nibble at things a tad....

Skiing's been great. Skijoring even more so. Gotta love a dog so beat they won't even get out of bed in the AM to greet you

Snowy down your way?
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

BBW
    mtbr member
    I have got 2:30h with the 4.5 battery... haven't started the "reserve" and haven't tested on a bench with a fan, etc..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBW
    I have got 2:30h with the 4.5 battery... haven't started the "reserve" and haven't tested on a bench with a fan, etc..

BBW,

Thanks. That lines up pretty well with the math:

Wilma on High 17W=17V*A

17 V*A/ 7.2V = 2.36 A

So a 5 AHr battery should run on high for 5/2.36=2.11hrs or about 2 hrs and 10 minutes.

I think Mendon has the ticket with the nano suggestion. Should get 2-1/2 hrs on low (2W).

Thanks again guys,

Gordy

BBW
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by elgordo
    BBW,

Thanks. That lines up pretty well with the math:

Wilma on High 17W=17V*A

17 V*A/ 7.2V = 2.36 A

So a 5 AHr battery should run on high for 5/2.36=2.11hrs or about 2 hrs and 10 minutes.

I think Mendon has the ticket with the nano suggestion. Should get 2-1/2 hrs on low (2W).

Thanks again guys,

Gordy
    You will get more than 2:10h