~ B A D A S S ~

Will dinotte XML-4 work with gloworm 4c battery?

Hi guys I just wonder if the dinotte xml4 will work properly with any 4c Gloworm or Gemini battery?

I read the Dionotte battery is 7.2v and the others are higher (8.4v for gemini it says on actionled). So will this work?

Also what mods would have to be done to the connectors?
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

Action LED Lights
    car bone,

The Gloworm and Gemini batteries (Magicshine too) are 7.2V nominal and 8.4V when fully charged. They are referred to either way which often causes confusion. If you look at the Dionotte charger it should say "output 8.4V DC".
    As long as your connectors are the same you should have no problem. If you need a new connector the easiest source is to buy an extension cable and cut the end off it.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

~ B A D A S S ~
    Hey jim, what is your regular shipping time to ship to northern europe??
    And usually what does it cost? I'm thinking 2 4 cell batterys and 2 lightheads.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

Action LED Lights
    Add the items to a shopping cart and then there is a shipping calculator at the bottom of the page that will give you all your choices and prices. Priority Mail USPS is probably the best option but for some countries FedEx is competitive.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by car bone View Post
    Hi guys I just wonder if the dinotte xml4 will work properly with any 4c Gloworm or Gemini battery?

I read the Dionotte battery is 7.2v and the others are higher (8.4v for gemini it says on actionled). So will this work?

Also what mods would have to be done to the connectors?
    Voltage wise yes, everything Jim said is correct. However, the connectors on both the DiNotte lamp and battery is slightly different from the standard MS/Gemini/Gloworm..etc batteries. It can work but does not fit tightly. This is because the rubber shielding on the connector plugs are reversed. If you want a compatible battery for the DiNotte set-ups I would suggest getting one custom built through the ebay vendor "Hunk Lee". It just so happens that the standard connectors on the HL batteries works perfect with the DiNotte lamps. Since you have the XML-4 I would suggest you get a good 6-cell. A good six cell using Panasonic batteries and you are set.

If you do order one I would also suggest you request a longer connector wire. Eight to ten inches should be enough for most people. You will then need a battery bag but you can buy them on-line as well.