Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 32 of 32
  1. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    897
    I gather that you are talking about the advantages and disadvantages of shipping production over seas.


    Well, look at it this way. The reason they ship it over seas is so that the people at the top of the company can make more money. By doing so they put more class distance between themselves and the rest of their employees.

    Now, where does one get customers? From work, supposing they have the time and money.

    Does the Chinese factory worker have time and money? No.

    Do the people without jobs and with lower paying jobs (min wage around abouts) have time and money? Maybe time, but not money.


    So who is to buy these things that are produced over seas?

    For now, it is those who still have a bit of time and or money and also for those that absolutely need the product and maybe can just barely afford it.

    What happens as soon as those people are driven out of the consumer market as they are?

    Who buys the stuff then?

    Well, the investors do.

    They get tons of crap they can't sell because the only people with the money to buy the junk are the people with the money and they're the only ones left with money.


    So, how is this beneficial?

    It's not.


    For there to be output there must be input and they must both be equal to each other. Markets work by moving products, money... wealth. For consumers to buy they must be paid. For producers to produce they must be paid. If the consumer has no money then the producer cannot produce. It's interesting to note that the producer is the consumer. Well, in a functioning system. In a non functioning system the idiots undermining their own consumer base are the consumer, and they don't actually use the things they consume. They just go bankrupt because they can't sell them. And then jobs are lost and the cycle continues into an extremely nasty spiral.

    If nothing is moving through the financial system how is anyone to benefit? Perhaps we could take up sick and demented mindset that views reduced progress as good?


  2. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,665
    Quote Originally Posted by aBicycle View Post
    I gather that you are talking about the advantages and disadvantages of shipping production over seas.


    Well, look at it this way. The reason they ship it over seas is so that the people at the top of the company can make more money. By doing so they put more class distance between themselves and the rest of their employees.

    Now, where does one get customers? From work, supposing they have the time and money.

    Does the Chinese factory worker have time and money? No.

    Do the people without jobs and with lower paying jobs (min wage around abouts) have time and money? Maybe time, but not money.


    So who is to buy these things that are produced over seas?

    For now, it is those who still have a bit of time and or money and also for those that absolutely need the product and maybe can just barely afford it.

    What happens as soon as those people are driven out of the consumer market as they are?

    Who buys the stuff then? .....

    :
    Not that I'm totally disagreeing with you but I wish it were that simple. Company bigwigs that outsource jobs do so to protect not only their cushy job but to keep the company profitable so the share holders don't lose money or stop investing in the company. If they don't the company could belly-up and then everyone looses. It's kind'a like what was done in the old days when someone got gangrene. You sacrifice a major limb to save the body as a whole. Nobody likes doing it but economic realities must be dealt with.

    Now as to the "who gonna buy the products question"....Heck, I can't answer that. All I know is everytime I go into Best Buy the place is packed. Consumer electronics are very affordable. Oddly where I work I was one of the last ones to buy a GPS device. I was also one of the last ones to buy a smart phone. I find that odd because I probably make more money than 90% of my coworkers.

    I guess what this means is that "People will buy stuff, even if they don't make a lot of money".
    It's what the banks and credit card companies are counting on to help keep them afloat.
    This is why our country has so much debt. The basic mentality of all Americans is, "Spend, spend, spend". "How much is that doggie in the window"?..."Damn, that's alot...ah, what the hell....*Cha-Ching* ".

  3. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    Not that I'm totally disagreeing with you but I wish it were that simple. Company bigwigs that outsource jobs do so to protect not only their cushy job but to keep the company profitable so the share holders don't lose money or stop investing in the company. If they don't the company could belly-up and then everyone looses. It's kind'a like what was done in the old days when someone got gangrene. You sacrifice a major limb to save the body as a whole. Nobody likes doing it but economic realities must be dealt with.
    The reality is that if you keep cutting off limbs the tree dies.

  4. #29
    Single Speed Junkie
    Reputation: crux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    Now as to the "who gonna buy the products question"....Heck, I can't answer that. All I know is everytime I go into Best Buy the place is packed. Consumer electronics are very affordable. Oddly where I work I was one of the last ones to buy a GPS device. I was also one of the last ones to buy a smart phone. I find that odd because I probably make more money than 90% of my coworkers.

    I guess what this means is that "People will buy stuff, even if they don't make a lot of money".
    It's what the banks and credit card companies are counting on to help keep them afloat.
    This is why our country has so much debt. The basic mentality of all Americans is, "Spend, spend, spend". "How much is that doggie in the window"?..."Damn, that's alot...ah, what the hell....*Cha-Ching* ".

    LOL. My friends family take home pay is nearly 2x what our family brings home. If I see something I want I save then go buy in cash. When he wants something straight to the card. At the end of the day our family has more cash flow and he has been trying to dig himself out of debt for over 10 years now. Economics is pretty simple and so is running a profitable company. I just don't understand why people rack up debt willingly.

  5. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,665
    Quote Originally Posted by aBicycle View Post
    The reality is that if you keep cutting off limbs the tree dies.
    Point well made. Yes, there is a limit to everything. Just remember that if the surgeon is skillful it is amazing how much flesh can be done away with and yet still allow the body to live. The good surgeons will even make you think you really didn't need that hand in the first place. Of course the astute person knows better. YOU are an astute person.

  6. #31
    dirty hippy mountainbiker
    Reputation: wolfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,153
    Greetings friends!

    My name is Mike and my friend Jim and I bought Jet Lites back in June. We've launched a new website, Amazon store, new marketing and new advertising (look for our ad in Bike next month, and Drunk Cyclist right now).

    To answer the original question: A lot of people are using and loving the new Jet Lites, particularly the wireless F-U2 and the new Double F-U Combo. I think we're all sick of battery wires and strapping batteries to our bikes and our F-Light series is one of the few wireless lights on the market right now that is bright enough for mountain biking. On the other hand, our x-52 can power you through three 24 hour race laps on a single charge. So that is pretty nice. We also have the only patented break-away helmet mount for lighting/action cams.

    Just got back from Interbike and I think we are positioned well in the market. at about 825 (for now) Lumens our lights are pretty bright. While some lights are going FAR brighter, we like to have one on the bar and one on the helmet, so having two lights with lower lumen counts is the way to go, and we offer combos at competitive price points.

    We also do pretty well with run times. Just did a 3 hour ride using our Dual Beam setup (2 lights, 1 battery). Cycling between single/double, low/high I made the whole ride without the low battery light coming on. Using the new 3400 MAH 18650 batteries our F-Lights are burning upwards of 2 hours, more if you use low on climbs.

    I don't want to get into the economic debate, but I do want to say that Jet Lites is BACK! Happy to answer any questions.

    Cheers.

    -M
    Mike Henderson, Dirty Hippy Mountain Biker and part owner of Jet Lites.

  7. #32
    Light freak
    Reputation: scar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,411
    Interesting, I did not know that JetLites had changed hands again so recently.



    ****

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •